Ok yesterday I decided to update my Graphics Driver for my Graphics card which is a ATI Raedon 2400 HD... I d/l from the Ati website and when it finished installing it said to reboot and I done so. And when I rebooted all I could see was my mouse pointer???!! I left for a while because I thought it had to configure... 30 minutes later its still the same? So all I can see is my Mouse pointer NOTHING else

No Wallpaper, no windows explorer I try start Task manager that doesnt pop up either??

So what is going on???

Now im here using my old Pc 30gb HD and 256mb RAM....

Here are my specs of my Vista PC:

Ati Raedone 2400 HD
2gb Ram
500gb HD
Intel Core 2 Quad
Vista Home Premium(Not SP1)

So what could be the problem???

If you need a Pic ill get 1.

Thanks

EDIT: Its the same with Safe Mode
Last edited by ZeGuitarist101 at Dec 16, 2008,
Your problem is that you're using Vista.

Seriously, though. I'm not kidding. I see that with Vista all the time. I don't know what it is yet, but you're not the first person to have that problem.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Which model of HD 2400?
HD 2400 PRO, 2400XT, Full height, Low profile, PCIe etc?

Could well be you've just buggared it by installing incompatible drivers etc.
RULE BRITANNIA
can you do a system restore? That might allow you to get the machine functioning again, and then you can troubleshoot from there.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Just revert back to the old drivers for the GPU.

If it works well, why try to update it?

^And the problem isn't Vista, 90% of the time it's just fuckwits not being able to use it.
This sounds very like a problem I fixed on a friend's laptop a while ago but that was cause of AVG. It sounds like something has happened to system32.dll.
Start the computer in safe mode and system restore back a couple of days, it should hopefully undo any changes.
Quote by EVH_iS_g0d

listen to this man. he knows his stuff!
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Which model of HD 2400?
HD 2400 PRO, 2400XT, Full height, Low profile, PCIe etc?

Could well be you've just buggared it by installing incompatible drivers etc.

2400 HD PRO and whats PCIe?? Becuase I d/l that. And installed that...
But before I installedan older version and worked...
Quote by EVH_iS_g0d

ive been using vista since beta 1 and i haven't been let down once
face palm to all who say vista sucks
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by stratsrule1990
ive been using vista since beta 1 and i haven't been let down once
face palm to all who say vista sucks

in other words, you just let the system run the most basic functions and didn't do anything outside the norm, and your computer didn't have any problems. Congratulations, you've just proven that Vista is perfect.
Last edited by Glen'sHeroicAct at Dec 16, 2008,
I had a similar problem a while ago, to be honest I couldn't really be bothered to try and fix it after system restore wasn't an option so I just did a new install of vista and everything was ok, had to clear my hard drive though
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Uhhh...use XP!
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
WOOT!!! What i did was Started tapping ALT+F8 and it brought me to Acer eRecovery Management =) And Im reformating now...
Quote by ZeGuitarist101
Ok yesterday I decided to update my Graphics Driver for my Graphics card which is a ATI Raedon 2400 HD... I d/l from the Ati website and when it finished installing it said to reboot and I done so. And when I rebooted all I could see was my mouse pointer???!! I left for a while because I thought it had to configure... 30 minutes later its still the same? So all I can see is my Mouse pointer NOTHING else

No Wallpaper, no windows explorer I try start Task manager that doesnt pop up either??

So what is going on???

Now im here using my old Pc 30gb HD and 256mb RAM....

Here are my specs of my Vista PC:

Ati Raedone 2400 HD
2gb Ram
500gb HD
Intel Core 2 Quad
Vista Home Premium(Not SP1)

So what could be the problem???

If you need a Pic ill get 1.

Thanks

EDIT: Its the same with Safe Mode

EDIT - apologies, I have had a bad few days - rant removed, sorry if I offended anyone
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Last edited by cuthbertg at Dec 16, 2008,