Page 1 of 2
So my friends employer wont put up christmas decorations because there are ethnic minorities working for the company. Should it be merry xmas or happy holidays?
Merry Christmas. If they don't like it then your friends employer shouldn't put anything up at all. It's a Christian festival after all...
Happy Christmas. or Merry Holidays.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Merry Christmas, because Christmas is the reason that there are holidays in the first place
Merry Xmas
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Merry christmas you filthy pagan!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by kenan6346
Merry Christmas. If they don't like it then your friends employer shouldn't put anything up at all. It's a Christian festival after all...

yeah but the majority of the staff are indigenous people who are athiest and also other religions take the holiday (or are maybe forced by working timetables to take the holiday)..eg jews and jehovahs witnesses
I wouldn't be offended if they made the place look nicer because of something they celebrate. I live in a very culturally diverse place and they still decorate and shizz
Quote by Oh, hello.

God forbid a religion having pagan origins

I don't even believe it was really Jesus' birthdate, there's no way for us to know when that was. It's a traditional festival celebrating the coming of Christ. The Orthodox dates for Easter differ from the Western dates, yet they celebrate the same things. Over 2000 years some details are bound to be lost.

Quote by Vaudevillian
yeah but the majority of the staff are indigenous people who are athiest and also other religions take the holiday (or are maybe forced by working timetables to take the holiday)..eg jews and jehovahs witnesses

Well like I said, if they don't like it then the employer shouldn't put up any decorations. And Jews and Jehovah's Witnesses aren't forced to celebrate the holiday, they just get days off to worship God in their own ways.

edit: I forsee a religious debate and a thread closure
Last edited by kenan6346 at Dec 16, 2008,
This reminds me of something I read a year or so ago about a town in England that had banned Christmas lights to avoid offending ethnic minorities... It's ridiculous, if they come to a predomniantly Christian country they should learn to shut the **** up and deal with it, if we went to their country we wouldn't expect them to stop putting up decorations for whatever holidays they celebrate.

/rant

Sorry if that sounded racist... I just love Christmas..
Quote by Thepoison92
This reminds me of something I read a year or so ago about a town in England that had banned Christmas lights to avoid offending ethnic minorities... It's ridiculous, if they come to a predomniantly Christian country they should learn to shut the **** up and deal with it, if we went to their country we wouldn't expect them to stop putting up decorations for whatever holidays they celebrate.

/rant

Yeah Bill O'Reilly was talking about it on Fox news he was going absolutely mental about it. he is a right bastard but he is funny.
Merry Christmas. Its the religion of the nation, if people dont like it then they can wait for their own celebrations in their house or change to the good religion. Easy as eating Christmas pie...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Merry christmas.

If you don't like the traditions celebrated in the country you live in, then go to a country which is mainly your religion. The UK is secular but we have a christian past, so we celebrate christmas.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

who really cares if its the exact date of jesus' birthday or not. its just a day to celebrate his birth.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by joshua029
Merry Christmas. Its the religion of the nation, if people dont like it then they can wait for their own celebrations in their house or change to the good religion. Easy as eating Christmas pie...
Your nation doesn't have a national religion by law.
Merry Christmas!!! Stick it to the man. Don't sell out with that Happy Holidays Bull****
neither... BAH, HUMBUG!
should be miserable CRAPmas
Guitars:
Jackson JS30KE Kelly
Jackson RRX10D
Fender Telecaster American Standard
Epiphone Acoustic
Amps:
Vox DA15
Marshall G80RCD
Pedals:
Boss GT-6
Boss MT-2
Quote by Thepoison92

/rant

That's so stupid. That made me angry.

But I agree.

Christmas.
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
Quote by Thepoison92

/rant

I agree - it pisses me off too

'appy Crimble
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by 7stringuzr
Merry Christmas!!! Stick it to the man. Don't sell out with that Happy Holidays Bull****

Seasons greetings would be a better one, because there are just so many different religious festivals around the same time and to pick one as being more important than any of the others just wouldn't be fair.

Buddhism has Bodhi Day: December 8
The Chinese have the Dōngzhì Festival; on or around December 22
Signature of the Constitution of the Republic of China (Taiwan): December 25
Germanic paganism has Modranect or Mothers' Night, the Saxon winter solstice festival and also Yule: the Germanic winter solstice festival.
Hindus have Navratri; around late October/early November.
Jews have Hanukkah: Starting on 25 Kislev (Hebrew) or various dates in November or December and Tu Bishvat: New Year of the Trees occurring on the 15th of Shevat, (around January
Muslims have Eid ul-Adha, which varies but is generaly around December.

Whether you like it or not, we live in a multicultural society.
Quote by kenan6346
God forbid a religion having pagan origins

I don't even believe it was really Jesus' birthdate, there's no way for us to know when that was. It's a traditional festival celebrating the coming of Christ. The Orthodox dates for Easter differ from the Western dates, yet they celebrate the same things. Over 2000 years some details are bound to be lost.

Well like I said, if they don't like it then the employer shouldn't put up any decorations. And Jews and Jehovah's Witnesses aren't forced to celebrate the holiday, they just get days off to worship God in their own ways.

edit: I forsee a religious debate and a thread closure

Or completely made up.... OH SNAP I WENT THERE
I don't mind what people wish me- Whether it be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or something else. I'm not going to get offended.

We should just lighten up?
Quote by Oh, hello.
I don't mind what people wish me- Whether it be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or something else. I'm not going to get offended.

+100
It should definatly be christmas not happy holidays.

I mean decorations are still put where I come from for religious festivals and there are never any problems or complaints but christmas comes and all this PC crap comes to the surface.

The fact is everyone has different beliefs me celebrating christmas isn't hurting anyone in the same way Kwanza or Diwali ain't hurting me.

And the really annoying thing is that its generally the catholic/protestant/christian members of councils/offices etc that kick up a stink because they fear uproar yet anyone I have spoke to who's religion doesn't celebrate christmas couldn't care less.
Quote by Oh, hello.

Maybe.

And maybe you should lighten up and quit using that god damn exclamation mark!
CHRSITMAS
it always has been for many years, why should we change it now?

we dont make people of other religions change the names of the festivals they celebrate
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by Vaudevillian
Maybe.

And maybe you should lighten up and quit using that god damn exclamation mark!

Nope, he didn't use an exclamation mark once.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Seasons greetings would be a better one, because there are just so many different religious festivals around the same time and to pick one as being more important than any of the others just wouldn't be fair.

Buddhism has Bodhi Day: December 8
The Chinese have the Dōngzhì Festival; on or around December 22
Signature of the Constitution of the Republic of China (Taiwan): December 25
Germanic paganism has Modranect or Mothers' Night, the Saxon winter solstice festival and also Yule: the Germanic winter solstice festival.
Hindus have Navratri; around late October/early November.
Jews have Hanukkah: Starting on 25 Kislev (Hebrew) or various dates in November or December and Tu Bishvat: New Year of the Trees occurring on the 15th of Shevat, (around January
Muslims have Eid ul-Adha, which varies but is generaly around December.

Whether you like it or not, we live in a multicultural society.

This is exactly why white cowardly CEOs are forcing "Holiday" on us.

Chances are, the country you're in that is celebrating Christmas was founded (loosely speaking, I know there is room for argument on this point) as a Christian country. Many ethnic people come from third world countries and want to take part and feel included in other people's way of life. Not meaning they're gonna convert and start practising Christianity, but they want to feel included in their new non-war-torn home.
My theory is that it is the white Christian man that is scared to offend others, though these people wouldn't be offended in the first place.

Point: You're living in a dominantly Christian society now, deal with it (which most do, happily), or get out.
You have to save Merry Christmas around here or people will think your a Jesus hater.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Quote by heaven's gate

My theory is that it is the white Christian man that is scared to offend others, though these people wouldn't be offended in the first place.

Point: You're living in a dominantly Christian society now, deal with it (which most do, happily), or get out.

I agree with this person here. Many of the people that have different cultures to those that celebrates christmas do not mind the people that do celebrate it saying christmas out aloud etc. The same vice-versa, all the people that do celebrate christmas that I know have no objections to other cultures celebrating their religious dates/festivals etc such as the Chinease new year (Kind of counts right?) and Hannukah etc. Its because we live in such a culturally diverse world now (well in England we do, im not sure about elsewhere) that the top dogs think we need to generalize everything as to not offend, but doing so makes everything loose its identity, therefore they make 'Seasons Greetings' the politically correct way of saying Happy Christmas, or Happy Hannukah, or one of the various other winter-based religious ceremonies. When really instead of generalising everything, they should promote the many different cultures to celebrate their ceremonies, otherwise your defeating the point/object of being culturally diverse? amirite?
Merry Christmas...because it's Jesus' birthday. If you're not a Christian worship in your own way, and don't gripe about it.
Quote by Laces Out Danny
wtfs a hickey?!
Christmas. Just because you don't celebrate the holiday, doesn't mean other people don't. I'm pretty sure those of different religions will understand that people want to celebrate Christmas. Anyway, it's a holiday which is nationalised and embedded in your country's culture so if they're gonna complain, they might as well move countries.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Page 1 of 2