Hi, I'm new to effects processors and I recently purchased the ME20. ( Previously I had been using the zoom g2. ) I'm having trouble with the ME20 because I don't have an amp and I would like to play it on stage (through the mixer/ PA). I was experimenting with using the G2 exclusively as a preamp (shutting off all other effects in the unit), but I don't own a mixer, and so, I haven't had much time to test it It seems like it should work though. Are there any other ME20 (or other processors) users out there that have a similar problem? Any advice would be great! (otherwise I think I'll need to sell it).
Get an amp. Seriously.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Guitar amps are designed with preamps and power amps specifically voiced for guitar.
AFAIK, and I may be wrong, the ME20 does not include and amp modeller and therefore will simply colour your signal and feed it to whatever.
Guitar sounds seriously **** straight through a PA.
It would work, just not sound great.
I'd guess some of the amp modellers, POD etc, might work pretty well like this but in your case as Friendly Stoat said (rather more bluntly ) get a dedicated guitar amp.
Last edited by PaoloJM at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by PaoloJM
Guitar amps are designed with preamps and power amps specifically voiced for guitar.
AFAIK, and I may be wrong, the ME20 does not include and amp modeller and therefore will simply colour your signal and feed it to whatever.
Guitar sounds seriously **** straight through a PA.
It would work, just not sound great.
I'd guess some of the amp modellers, POD etc, might work pretty well like this but in your case as Friendly Stoat said (rather more bluntly ) get a dedicated guitar amp.

Yeah, this, I just couldn't be bothered to type it all
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Thanks for the replies. Not what I want to hear, but thanks. I guess I should elaborate: First of all, I travel frequently, so an amp is just not gonna cut it. Second, how about using the zoom G2 as my preamp? (as I mentioned at the start of this thread). Or can someone offer other portable preamp suggestions that would be compatible with the ME20? (I'm not ready to give up on it yet. ) Thanks!