I really want a guitar with some decent stock pickups and a floyd rose and at least 22 frets (24 would be nice), like a Jackson Ibanez, ect. I want to spend under $500 and am wondering what I should be looking at. I play most metal and heavily distorted punk music
Check out the Schecter C-1 FR, does the body shape really matter? If not, check out ESP's.
Smart Pothead and Proud
keep your eyes peeled for a used ibanez. the older ones can be bought pretty cheap and the quality is better than the newer more expensive ones.
the C-1 is cool, and Im not really a fan of cheaper esp guitars. I played a used Ibanez rg yesterday at a pawn shop it played like someone threw it off of a building, but I really like Ibanez in general.
Ibanez RG5XX stuff are incredibly well built. but if you are interested in your sound (as i suspect because you want decent stock pickups) for all intents on helping you out what amp do you have?
why the hell do you need a floyd for punk music?!?!

What has this world come to.

check out rondomusic.com.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
I have an ibanez practice amp, and am about to buy a peavey valve king, I want the floyd just for the hell of it. I already have a les paul with EMG 81/85's that I use mostly for punk (My band is all punk)
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy

lol you made the same mistake i did earlier in skim reading too quick

Quote by DCarney9116
I really want a guitar with some decent stock pickups and a floyd rose and at least 22 frets (24 would be nice), like a Jackson Ibanez, ect. I want to spend under $500 and am wondering what I should be looking at. I play most metal and heavily distorted punk music

some metal songs do require a floyd and not everyone can afford a different guitar for each genre of music they play
im a big fan of craigslist. not only will you get to play the guitar and possibly meet someone cool. but you are also helping out a fellow musician who is prolly selling to get something new. i also just recently found out about craigslittlebuddy . com. it searches ALL craigslist for what your looking for, not just 1 city.
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy

Dr. Know plays a Schecter with a floyd. So does Rocky George from Suicidal Tendencies.
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy

Didn't see the part where he said he played metal eh?

C-1 FR is a good choice or a used Jackson IF you can test play it first and inspect how the condition is.The DK series has real duncans stock and a licensed FR so you can't really go wrong there if you find one used in good condition.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Dec 16, 2008,
I love craigslist too, I bought an epi les paul standard and an epi sg both for $500, and I'm thinking of selling the sg to fund this guitar
Chack out the Cort EVL-K6. I've heard of them for $495 in USA and looks like everything you need. I'm getting one soon, even at crazy Irish price.

Oh Cort are made in the same factory as Ibanez and well up to standard.
Quote by Lurcher
Chack out the Cort EVL-K6. I've heard of them for $495 in USA and looks like everything you need. I'm getting one soon, even at crazy Irish price.

huh are you sure. i thought it was that all the low end ibanez were contracted to be made in the same factory that all cort guitars are made in.
Quote by Lurcher

actually now adays the ibanezs made in the cort factory are the mid range!! a few of the prstige models are made there now! really nice stuff, one of my buddies ONLY plays cort.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
huh are you sure. i thought it was that all the low end ibanez were contracted to be made in the same factory that all cort guitars are made in.

the low end ones are made in indonesia. even some of the mopre expensive ones are made in indonesia now.
Quote by jymellis
the low end ones are made in indonesia. even some of the mopre expensive ones are made in indonesia now.

ah thanks for the correction. hmm i wonder when ibanez are moving production to vietnam i know that LTD have done it just a few months ago.
if the iby serial starts with the letter I it is indonesia, C is cort in korea, F is fujigen in japan, W is world also in korea.
any of the ibys with thr rg5xxx blah or 4xxxblah are guitar center exclusives. if its an rg with an X in the model it is g.c. made in indonesia, even the 500.00 ones that have the X in the model. look for a mid level-high level 90s rg. it will either be korea or japan. the higher the number after RG the better.
Quote by jymellis
any of the ibys with thr rg5xxx blah or 4xxxblah are guitar center exclusives. if its an rg with an X in the model it is g.c. made in indonesia, even the 500.00 ones that have the X in the model. look for a mid level-high level 90s rg. it will either be korea or japan. the higher the number after RG the better.

not necessarily there is no proof that the RG560 was in any shape or form better then my RG550. but i get what your saying.
if i remember correctly one of the only differences between the 550 and 560 was the pickguard. but better is also in the players choice lol. i get what your saying also! i meant mainly between say a rg120 compared to a rg550.
Quote by jymellis
if i remember correctly one of the only differences between the 550 and 560 was the pickguard. but better is also in the players choice lol. i get what your saying also! i meant mainly between say a rg120 compared to a rg550.

nearly close 560 had no maple fretboard, came in HSS not HSH, and didnt have a pickguard as you mentioned. but yeah it's sorta hard to explain which ones are good from ibanez and which aren't oh so great.
i personally prefer h-h with no single. i had a 550 in the early 90s and removed the single and filled it with wood putty lol.speaking of which, i got a rg320dx about 2 years ago. its an awesome guitar witha floating trem. i snatched it off of craigslist for 150.00, minty fresh with not even a single scratch. i suggest a mid 90s 320dx (and yes they are made in korea in the cort factory). the pickups werent great but would make a normal player happy (i been playing for a while and am a stickler)
Last edited by jymellis at Dec 16, 2008,
I'm selling a Jackson DX10D for $250. Good FR, decent pups. Good for the price. Comes with a gig bag.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
thanks you guys and what do you think of ESP's Ive only played an M-50 and hates and an EC-1000 and loved it, but what about there mid range guitars?
Quote by DCarney9116
thanks you guys and what do you think of ESP's Ive only played an M-50 and hates and an EC-1000 and loved it, but what about there mid range guitars?

i love ESP but wouldnt own an LTD if you gave it to me (id sell it to someone who doesnt know the difference between an esp and an ltd).
I hate LTD guitars also. I just can't stand the sound/feel/reliability of most of them, and most of the guys I've known that played LTD guitars were assholes.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
I hate LTD guitars also. I just can't stand the sound/feel/reliability of most of them, and most of the guys I've known that played LTD guitars were assholes.

i dont really hate them but they arent close to real esp. i mean you can buy a thousand dollar ltd but you could save a couple hundred more and get an esp. its like asking a fender man about a squire.
Quote by jymellis
i dont really hate them but they arent close to real esp. i mean you can buy a thousand dollar ltd but you could save a couple hundred more and get an esp. its like asking a fender man about a squire.

Ive played a few nice LTD's. My main problem with them is alot of them are made of agathis. And i just really dont care for agathis. I guess agathis is good for building a fire, but not for building guitars!
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Ive played a few nice LTD's. My main problem with them is alot of them are made of agathis. And i just really dont care for agathis. I guess agathis is good for building a fire, but not for building guitars!

ermm well not really there are only 9 or 10 of them with agathis as their body. and what their must be 30 LTD series guitars so it's not that bad as you make it out to be.
I had an MH-400 that was decent,but I ended up selling it for my Jackson.The neck was just uhm idk,weird I guess.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.