throw feces at a paper with some good accuracy in the shape of your bands letters, your fans will love it... Or just freehand some block letters or something.
Smart Pothead and Proud
idk, i can barely read their logo, get photoshop somehow that should be easy to come up with some sweet logos
Quote by 36mikeyb36
Or just freehand some block letters or something.

That works

Quote by 36mikeyb36
throw feces at a paper with some good accuracy in the shape of your bands letters, your fans will love it...

you should try to make the font yourself. jump on photoshop and see what you can do, so you'll have exactly what you want and not some generic font EVERY deathcore band uses. if you can't draw it, hire somone. artists are always willing for some work. luckaly i can draw pritty well and made my band's logo for free
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Boss pedals drain power like a girlfriend drains your bank account.

GEAR:
4 string warwick corvette $$ BO

acustic 200 head & 410 cab
Honestly. Not to try and throw my own music at people, but try and check different Black Metal bands' logoes. There are some amazing ones around. Draw a little influences from different stuff, and make your own. Luckily i had a girl untill not long ago, who was a professional tatoo-thingy and draw people, and whatever she did.. So i was always covered for cool logoes xD
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
download the font "ghastly panic" off dafont.com

I recently just made one for fun in about 5 minutes for a joke band me and my friends have. i used the "ultimate black metal" font

Quote by Jango22
does it say Dysentary?

PS. It says "Dysentary" lol
Attachments:
Untitled-1 copy small.jpg
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Last edited by Tig Bitties at Jan 20, 2009,
does it say Dysentary?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
does it say Dysentary?

yeah hahaha
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Quote by slayerfrk
how would i go about getting a cool band font similair to job for a cowboy? would someone do it for free or would i have to pay?

yeah dafont.com is the place to go. I went through numerous fonts for my band (all in a good way) there are so many varieties on there you should be able to find something
"We've all been someones ammo at some point in our life..."

someones ammo ... my band.

Quote by LaidBack
Don't put it down your throat? It is only supposed to be slightly in your mouth dude, not deepthroating it.
As a degreed professional graphic designer, I would say, if you are serious about your band, get a professional to design it for you (as rustedsquier said). They will be able to find out what is unique about you and create something that will reflect that in the logo, as well as knowing the market and being able to place you alongside other acts. The main problem I see with independent bands is that the image that they have for themselves is limited by their artistic ability. It makes them look ameturish, when they might actually be good musicians. So if you're serious get a pro.

If you are just in a band for fun, go for it yourself. Start drawing and scan the drawing into photoshop then paint over it to recreate it. Just please, please, please don't overuse drop shadows.

Good luck. Slayerfrk If you need some help. PM me.
1)Get a thinline paintbrush and some ink.

2)Write your bandname in desired font in ink, be generous on slapping it on.

3)use end of brush handle to skewer ink out of page add more ink to writing when needed.

4) leave to dry and scan. use photoshop to make it one block colour.

5) colour it. add a drop behind it to desired effect.