Hi all,
I hope this is in the right section...

Anyway, I have a budget of £1000 (GBP) for a new guitar; and I was wondering whether anyone can recommend me some things to try.
I have already considered a Dean Razorback 255, a Jackson RR24 and an Ibanez Jem 7V; but hopfeully you guys can pitch some more ideas at me.

Things I'm looking for:
24 frets
Thin fast neck (shred style)
A great set of pickups (preferably SD's or Dimarzio's)
Original Floyd Rose (or a damn good copy, but in my experience nothing compares)
Nice inlays (no dots! I hate them...)
Good finish/hardware

Basically I need a metal monster that still looks good and sounds like a high-class guitar. I prefer guitars that don't look too ridiculous, super spiky is a no-no; but as I said Razorbacks/Rhoads style guitars are fine.

Any ideas would be very helpful.
Thanks!
I can't help you very much, all I can suggest is to NOT go with the Razorback. Unless you do really like the thing.

I've played a few and at least in my opinion, they sound awful.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
The Ibanez Jem 7V fits just about every detail you have there.
Wizard (or wizard II, I'm not positive) neck - I have one on my guitar, it's the thinnest/fastest I've played.
I don't know about the brand of pickups, but it sounds freaking amazing.
I have no idea about the trem, but in my experience with the guitar it's pretty damn good.
Vine inlays that go all across the neck - at least in my opinion, the nicest inlay on any guitar.
White guitar with gold hardware? What more could you ask for?

Jem 7V = perfect for you.
Quote by Ed Hunter

Actually I quite like that
Cheers

Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
I can't help you very much, all I can suggest is to NOT go with the Razorback. Unless you do really like the thing.

I've played a few and at least in my opinion, they sound awful.

Is this a problem that could be solved by swapping out the pickups (I'm quite prepared to do so) or is it just the guitar?

Also I do really love the Jem 7V but the trouble is they're hard to get hold of here for less than £1000; so some more alternatives would be nice to have.
Last edited by metallicaddict at Dec 16, 2008,