Hey guys,

I'll keep it short and sweet. Im looking to buy a new guitar and need a bit of help.

I'll have £400 maximum to spend.
I play rock, blues, punk... that sorta stuff.
Influenced by the Stones, Beatles, Zeppelin, Stooges, Kings of Leon etc...
I love les pauls.

Any suggestions would be great.

Also, are Epi Les Pauls any good? And what about buying a guitar on ebay?

Thanks!
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
I saw on the special offers section of www.musiciansfriend.com a good offer of a epiphone LP for under 400. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-100-Electric-Guitar?sku=518661 I dont know if you are looking something like it but check it out
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
For that money, I'd go with a Standard Telecaster. It sounds great and is built like a rock. Amazing for blues and for the bands you listed. Best guitar I've played. I lik it more than a few $2000 Les Pauls I've played.
Gear:
Fender StandardTelecaster
Fender Standard Precision Bass
1975 Fender Vibro Champ
Danelectro FabTone
BOSS DD-6
EHX Nano Clone
Dunlop Crybaby
Sorry, I've been away for a week or two so didnt get a chance to reply. Thanks for the current Tele suggestion, I'll check it out.

Also, I have a Marshall 100AVT amp if that helps.

Thanks again for any help, I currently havent a clue. I didnt think picking a new guitar would be so difficult.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
for that type of stuff, a tube amp would really help. the big problem is, it's really going to eat into your budget for the guitar.

regarding ebay, it can be ok to buy a guitar on ebay, but (assuming you're buying from a private seller and not a shop), you need to be REALLY careful, do a ton of research, ask the seller a bunch of questions and for more pictures, and if you even have the vaguest inkling that something's not right, chicken out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?