hey guys. i have an automatic 96 eclipse gs that i bought for 3 grand. stock everything, except for toyo tires. it has 165000 miles. my friend wants to trade me his 94 civic auto for it. stock everything as well, except for exhaust, rear spoiler, and 17" rims. should i go for it?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
I know absolutely nothing about cars, but IMO, the eclipse looks cool/somewhat unique. And it's Mitsubishi, which sounds cool as well.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
btw, the civic has a h20 in it
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Do it dude, you're getting a steal. Eclipes are nortorious for electrical.
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
Quote by rocker_46788
Do it dude, you're getting a steal

im only considering it becuase the civic has a h20 in it, but i figure id get some other opinions first.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
sounds like your friends car has had some work done to it. any warrantys on the motor? has he ran the piss out of it? spoilers on a front wheel drive car are pretty pointless for an everyday driver also lol.
Quote by jymellis
sounds like your friends car has had some work done to it. any warrantys on the motor? has he ran the piss out of it? spoilers on a front wheel drive car are pretty pointless for an everyday driver also lol.

actually, i ride w/ him alot, and he never even does the common "5-10 mph over the speed limit" that everybody else does. aside from reving it up really loud a few times, he has never dogged this car. hes taken good care of it, imo.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
but does he take off fast? let it warm up? run through the gears of the auto tranny by hand? drop from neutral to drive?
Quote by jymellis
but does he take off fast? let it warm up? run through the gears of the auto tranny by hand? drop from neutral to drive?

nope. he drives quite granny like, actually. i mean, he takes off from red lights w/ considerable accelration, but he never peels away from a red light or anything. he never drops from neutral to drive, btw.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Fujita
how many miles on the civic

bout 145000
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
also, the paint job is primer grey
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Eclipses are pieces of ****. I would trade in a heartbeat.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
bout 145000

on the motor or body? i try to stay away from motor swaps without documentation and warranties!
Quote by jymellis
on the motor or body? i try to stay away from motor swaps without documentation and warranties!

motor. its a stock motor. just after market exhaust, and (so of course) headers.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
alright, first of all...is the exhaust and spoiler...gay? like fart can exhaust, that's just the tip, not full catback or anything, spoilers on civics are generally a no, and the wheels...do you liek them? Basically, it sounds like a large bowl of uncle bens to me, but if you like it, then go. Usually the B series motors in civics are more sought after for their tunability, as well as the Vtecs. Their both auto, so your not getting anywhere with that. is the eclipse 4WD? what do you think of the interior space, trunk space. does your car have any reliability issues? does his? honeslty, mitsus tend to have crankshaft issues, mainly from being driven hard, and Hondas have proven to be more hardy cars...it's your choice. Do you want to trade because of looks, or do you want a more reliable vehicle? Cause i like the look of the eclipse better, but i'd probably take the civic for reliablity.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Quote by Strato-Massacre
hey guys. i have an automatic 96 eclipse gs that i bought for 3 grand. stock everything, except for toyo tires. it has 165000 miles. my friend wants to trade me his 94 civic auto for it. stock everything as well, except for exhaust, rear spoiler, and 17" rims. should i go for it?

What a surprise.

I bet they sound and look real cool as well?
why does he want to trade? does he know something you don't?

i know something actually, that the civic is one of the most stolen cars evar. be wary
DSM-ihad a 99 GSX the biggest peice of Sh1t but good on gas...