Hey people, i'm thinking about getting a ESP LTD EC 500 but, from the UK they all cost around 550-650 pound and from the US you can get them for around 450 off the internet.
Is it dangerous to get the guitar shipped? The guitar could be bashed around a bit and maybe the guitar could be slightly faulty.
Anyone had any past experience of getting a guitar shipped?
Thanks
Last edited by Blagworth08 at Dec 16, 2008,
You know, when they go to your country they come by shipment, especially those ESP/LTD if I aint wrong. Experience? I never shipped one but I will be soon getting one shipped.
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Nothing to worry about! I dont see any problems in getting a guitar shipped?
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
i shipped a guiat to finland from america with no problem. the question i guess would be is a low budget esp worth the hassle? try finding a real esp in your area before getting the low end version.
Quote by jymellis
i shipped a guiat to finland from america with no problem. the question i guess would be is a low budget esp worth the hassle? try finding a real esp in your area before getting the low end version.

Yeah but it's obvious that he doesn't want to spend £1000+ on a guitar, which is why he's buying it from the US,

I don't have any experience with shipping man, but you could try asking if they could put it in a flight case or something? There's stuff you need to do to the guitar before getting it shipped, like giving the strings slack etc.
Yes, but it might not be worth it if your only savin like £100 cos ull have to pay import charges on top of ure postage (about another £50)
i just think if you are gonna go through the hassle of shipping and the waiting game why do it for a low end guitar? have you tried craigslist?
go to craigslist . com on the far right will be a list of countries. click on your country and start shopping. it is an online classifieds for people in your area. its free and you dont have to sign up or create an account!
A ESP LTD EC 500 in black cherry which isnt really the colour i wanted but yet its still 580 pound, cheers for tryin to help though mate