I.m just a lounge around the house and pick kinda guy that dabbles with flstudio and was told I can spend a little money on something for xmas

So i was thinking a new guitar processor since I haven't owned one in like 10 years. I get most all the effects I want in flstudio but sustain, distortion of the plugins just suck and arent clean at all. Maybe its my soundblaster audigy but its just really horrible for laying down lead or rythm for something Satriani-ish-heavy. I'd like to have a real gep to plug into my little crate and take along to friends/family's places to pick around. And also something I can plug into the PC and record if i need to. I dont think I can afford something new so i was looking at ebay and found a few Im torn between. After spending countless hours of researching each one, watching youtube vids, etc. Theres nothing like playing one yourself to test it out. But I got an idea of how digitech stuff is, zoom, boss, never tried any line 6 stuff irl. So heres my choices. Maybe someone can help decide for me.

Digitech GNX3
Line 6 PODxt Pro (rackmount w/no pedalboard)
Line 6 POD XT LIVE
Digitech GNX 3000

My top choice would be the Line6 pod xt pro rackmount but since a pedal to go with it cost 200-300 bucks. I figure the xt live can do the same thing and has pretty much the same mods. I can spend up to $200 (give or take) If I wanted to save would a rp50, 70 or 250 be worth it? I just want a bluesy clean sound and a distortion/crunch with alot of sustain. And something I can tap with that I can actually tap and hear it, not like tapping unplugged. And I prefer a wah/volume pedal.
check out the Korg AX3000G that things nice
but of those 4 i'd go with the POD XT LIVE
My Gear:
Epiphone LP-100 Lefty Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Line 6 Spider III 15W Amp
Korg AX3000G Multi-Effect Processor
I hear the Pod stuff is pretty good but never tried it. I confused tho. You said you have roughly $200 (and could save up for rp50, 70, or 250)? The RP250 is only $150.

I think everything you listed in bold is well above $200. I like the RP250 for it is and has all the stuff you mentioned. I didn't get your 'tapping' comment.
Your budget is a bit to low for the XT Live. Not even sure if you could find one used at that price.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I hear the Pod stuff is pretty good but never tried it. I confused tho. You said you have roughly $200 (and could save up for rp50, 70, or 250)? The RP250 is only $150.

I think everything you listed in bold is well above $200. I like the RP250 for it is and has all the stuff you mentioned. I didn't get your 'tapping' comment.

ah. I should've typed that a bit more clearly. Was trying to hurry cause some auctions was ending shortly.

original text was: I can spend up to $200 (give or take) If I wanted to save would a rp50, 70 or 250 be worth it?

what I meant was: I can spend up to $200 or so, maybe a bit more but risk getting bitched out. If I wanted to save (not save up cash but save some money on what I'm spending it on) would a rp50, 70, 250 be worth it?

And about tapping. Like when I tap thru just a plain crate gfx 15 amp with distortion on it sucks of course. Even clean. And in flstudio with the cyanide plugin (or ones built in) when I tap its just not as responsive and you have to force the tap. May just be a sustain issue or the computer isnt getting a good signal from the guitar due to the hardware not being actual instrumental/studio recording quality
Ok, I'm still confused

oh wait, your saying if you wanted to NOT spend $200 would one of those others be worth it? I can't speak to the 50 or the 70. They are the plastic one's right? No wah pedal? I'd get the 250 for $150. Made of metal, has pedal, lots of amp models and effects, USB, blah bla blah.

Go check out my 'Brownie' clip in my profile. I have something similar to that going strait to PC too that I could upload but honestly it sounds about the same. Sustainzzz

PS. There is other stuff you can try out too. Some will say Digitech sounds like crap and 'sounds too digital'.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Ok, I'm still confused

oh wait, your saying if you wanted to NOT spend $200 would one of those others be worth it? I can't speak to the 50 or the 70. They are the plastic one's right? No wah pedal? I'd get the 250 for $150. Made of metal, has pedal, lots of amp models and effects, USB, blah bla blah.

Go check out my 'Brownie' clip in my profile. I have something similar to that going strait to PC too that I could upload but honestly it sounds about the same. Sustainzzz

PS. There is other stuff you can try out too. Some will say Digitech sounds like crap and 'sounds too digital'.

yea ive played on a digitech pedal, zoom, boss, all about 11 years ago but back then it was awesome after learning to play on like an old gorilla amp w/ a 4 or 6" speaker in it. thing sounded horrible. guess nothin beats a tube amp head or whatever. but these chips now days pretty much can mimic stuff to a tee, or at least you can close your eyes and pretend you got a big tube stack behind you. hah.

i wish i would've bought this Crate Blue Voodoo half stack back in eh 96-98' or so. they couldn't run me out of the music shop with a ****ty mop. was awesome sounding. instead i ended up with a crate 90 watt head and a park 4x12" half stack several years later, which was pretty sweet for the money. but didnt have that tube warmth. ended up getting rid of it cause it was too much to carry around by myself to go jam at my friends garage off and on

i'll give an update when i get what im lookin for
Well I made my decision and it is here. I tried to be negotiable/responsible to the wife, So I got me a Zoom G2.1u
134.00 I thought wasnt bad after savings and cash back stuff.

So I plugged it in my little Crate GFX-15 and I wasnt impressed really with it straight out of the box. I got better effects using flstudio. But the distortion effects are 8/10 and the pedal is 8/10. I read about half of the booklet that came with it and got bored anxious to plug it into the computer. So I havent tweaked any patches or made any custom stuff yet. The wah pedal is very sensitive too, it doesnt have much distance between the up and down position before it hits the stopper. Helps to have a good flat bottom shoe on.

I just hooked it up to the pc after installing the drivers for it but I have no sound. I see my audio activity meter jumping up in cubase when I strum but nothing is coming through the speakers. Figure its the retarded asio driver. It makes the board its own sound interface and overrides your other hardware. I'll mess around with it and see if I cant get it ironed out.