i bought two new pedals yesterday to help me refine my guitar sound, but i need to know a few things to truly make them sound their best. well for starters i already own a Dunlop Original Crybaby and a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone distortion. i just bought a Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer Pedal and a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor Pedal to pair two other pedals.
i own a Marshall MG-100HDFX amp which has a effects loop but it always seemed to be in my opinion a little shotty, so id just load up the front end of my amp with my distortion and my crybaby.
with these new pedals i was wondering if throwing a pedal or two in my amps effects loop would make it sound better or would it just be easier to continue loading up my amps front end with everything?

the order id put my pedals in is:

guitar - crybaby - distortion - compressor - suppressor - amp

any advice, hints, or tips would be appreciated.
um.....

you're going to hate me for saying this, but.....

don't spend another dime on pedals - save for a new amp. That amp is not going to take pedals well no matter what you do and your covering up your tone now more then ever. It is my opinion that those amps sound like shot and have poor build quality. Get a new amp.

that is my advice, hints and tips. Otherwise, you have the chain correct and good luck.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
um.....

you're going to hate me for saying this, but.....

don't spend another dime on pedals - save for a new amp. That amp is not going to take pedals well no matter what you do and your covering up your tone now more then ever. It is my opinion that those amps sound like shot and have poor build quality. Get a new amp.

that is my advice, hints and tips. Otherwise, you have the chain correct and good luck.

+ over 9 x 10^3
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yeah, I hate to say it too, but these guys are right. Upgrade to a better amp, & you'll be much happier with your tone.
Your FX chain is right, though.
Good luck!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
In my opinion you should sell the MG half stack and use the money from that to buy a superior amp if you really want an improvement in sound quality.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I own that same amp, and I mainly use it as a backup now. The way you have everything is probably the best way to do it. The loops aren't great, and for these pedals you would want to run them in front of the preamp anyway.
Sell the MG. I sold my Dad's MG30 for him to a store nearby yesterday for £50 which is roughly $100 I think? If you could get roughly the same amount for your MG that would be a good start.
^ +10000
^^+10000000
^^^+10000000
^^^^+10000000
^^^^^+10000000
^^^^^^+10000000

yup, i said it, get a new amp
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
new amp

but IMO, wah sounds WAY better after distortion, and comp before distortion XD
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Yeah i agree that my amp is pretty low quality, and i am in the works of getting a new one. the 2 new pedals were given to me as a gift though. i was just making sure that my pedal chain was right.. thanks for the replys