i was wondering if i got a behringer super octaver pedal, and a bass overdrive pedal, would my bass sound anything like a guitar?
HELP!
The only way you can make your bass sound like a guitar is to buy a guitar. It just isn't gonna happen.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Guitars can sound like basses with the right pedals. I doubt it would go in reverse though.
ahh, yeah about the gain thing, thats why id get a distortion pedal, to give it abit more zzzzzzzzzzz
ha
id just mess around with the settings on my amp or sumet
A 6-string bass IS a guitar... Only difference is heavier gauge strings.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
why would you want to do that? im having trouble understanding your aim in this.
Quote by Drakathan

There is a hell of a lot of difference. Different tuning (unless you put it at EADGBE), different timbre, different size and weight.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Drakathan

...please for the love of your mother be joking.
Quote by Drakathan

Idiot.

Playing a 6 string bass like a guitar is going to take alot of practice. The neck is much wider, the strings are much heavier and the string spacing is bigger. It's going to take alot of practice and it wouldn't even sound as good as just playing a guitar..
------------------
Last edited by Mky at Dec 16, 2008,
effects pedal
octavier?
but why the hell would you want to, it would sound worse than a squire!
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
Did everyone serisouly think I wasnt joking?! OMG people take everything so seriously nowadays
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Why would you want to do this? Seriously--it would be easier just to get a cheap guitar.

Quote by Drakathan
Did everyone serisouly think I wasnt joking?! OMG people take everything so seriously nowadays

Well...internets don't always express humour well....that's what the rolleyes smilies is for.
Quote by Drakathan
OMG people take everything so seriously nowadays

You are too yound to be using phrases like this. Please come back in several decades time.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
there's no way in hell your gona make a bass sound like a guitar. and even if you did, it would sound like a piece of crap, you'd get no tone, it would sound digital and cheap, and you'd have alot of trouble even playing alot of chords on a 6 string.

why would you want to in the first place? just spend the money you were planing on spending on th effects on a guitar.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Boss pedals drain power like a girlfriend drains your bank account.

GEAR:
4 string warwick corvette $$ BO

acustic 200 head & 410 cab
Put your bass in BEADF#C and slap a capo on the 17th fret.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
BEADF#C? Why would you drop down the G to F# but keep the C, not drop it to B?

Anyway, would it sound like guitar? No, quite cheesy with Behringer effects. But if you actually thought this out enough to think it was worth asking, and actually considered Behringer pedals, then you'll probably think it sounds EXACTLY like a guitar. So do it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Distorted, you can pass one off as a guitar to someone who doesn't know better. This is one of the rare cases that a guitar distortion would work well for you, since they take the lows out...just make sure to not use one that kills the low mids too.

Clean, it will sound very fat compared to a guitar, and really won't sit well in a mix.

Why do you want to do this?
Nope, no sig here.
capo it at the 12th fret and mess around with your eq and such
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by Drakathan

HAH
i'm doing it to experiment, just aint seen like anyone do it before so i was wondering what it would sound like. and i play 5 string atm and i can play alot of chords, i prefer playing with fingers tho.
Quote by Mo0oks
HAH
i'm doing it to experiment, just aint seen like anyone do it before

I've never seen anyone slap a turbine on a helicopter and try to pass it off as a jet.

Because there are airplanes.

And there are helicopters.

And it's like, "Well, yeah, we COULD make this jet into a helicopter - the technology exists. But is there any good reason to do so?" No. There are helicopters.

Besides, you're talking about putting a Behringer turbine on that helicopter of yours. That's seven different kinds of crazy.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Abraham Laboriel is using a octaver pedal (one that goes one octave up) in "Vamos Á Gozar". It doesn't really sound like a guitar but you can hear there is something one octave up.

Otherwise, get a bass with more strings. No, not a 6 string. Think further! 7, 8, 9 or maybe even a 12 string (not one of thoose tripple courses).
Then you get quite a bit up in the guitar range.
Conklin GTBD-7
Digitech JamMan
Guitar Rig Mobile
Korg AX10B