I play in a death metal band and I am always looking for ways to get the best all around sound possible. I currently am using a PRS SE Standard, with an active EMG 81 in the bridge. I play through a Crate GFX220HT with a Randall cab with celestion speakers. I mention that because I just purchased a PRS SE Paul Allendar. It has special designed PRS pickups, but if it is like the pickups that came in my Standard, I plan on changing them. I am considering putting an EMG 85 in the bridge or possibly the Seymour Duncan Blackout. I was wondering if any one has had any experience with the Paul Allendar or the EMG 81, 85, or Seymour Duncan Blackout. If anyone can give me any advice on this I would greatly appreciate it, I am not on here a lot so if anyone could email me a response to brett_ryan_hunt@hotmail.com it would help. Thanks.
New amp?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
eventually, the amp sounds alright for now till I can build up the credit to afford a better one
Quote by slayingsguitar
eventually, the amp sounds alright for now till I can build up the credit to afford a better one

Don't worry about wasting money on a new guitar - you need a better amp. The majority of your tone comes from your amp so until you get a better one, there isnt much you can do that will drastically affect your tone.
I don't have the money to afford the amp I want, I am trying to build up the credit to afford a better amp. I am mainly just asking which pickup people would prefer for playing death metal. I have the EMG 81 in the bridge of my PRS SE Standard, I am trying to figure out if i should get another 81 or an 85 or the Seymour Duncan Blackout. Which pickup have any of you had experience with that can help tell me what you think would work best?