Right now I have a Audio interface/keyboard, and a large condenser microphone.I ordered logic studio but it hasn't come in yet. The audio interface has a headphone jack and 2 loudspeaker jack. Here are my questions.

1. What cable I'm a supposed to buy to connect the microphone to interface?

2. I'm a supposed to get 2 Studio monitors or just 1?

3.Do I connect the Studio Monitors to the computer or the Audio interface?

4. What cable do I get to connect the Studio Monitors?

Microphone to interface can depend on how many inputs you have and what inputs it has but it's most likely an XLR to XLR but you can get XLR to jack.

Sudio monitors two for stereo sound connected to the computer it also depends on what monitors you get if you tell me what kind of interface it is then I can tell you.

Hope that helps
2 monitors should be better no? for stereo?
plug them into your interface, maybe with a mono jack earphones or maybe with the red and white phono plugs, doesnt the monitor have a connection build in?
probably best to connect them to the audio interface
Oh and sorry but if you do plug the monitors into the interface then it will play it back as soon as it gets to the input. Are you only going to be recording keyboard?
What kind of interface do you have? You do know that you need phantom power for a condenser mic. If your interface does not have an XLR input, then you probably don't have phantom power. You might have bought the wrong interface.
1. XLR for the mics

2. If it's within your budget get 2 monitors

3. I would connect to your audio interface. Unless you have a better soundcard on your PC.

4. The cable for the monitors will depend on what the monitor will accept. TRS, RCA, etc. My monitors happen to take either TRS, or RCA, but others may not.

I suggest you do as much research as possible before you buy anything. You can get a decent set of monitors fairly cheap, but if you're going to eventually get into recording with some quality you will have to raise your budget a bit.

Just my opinion.
1. What cable I'm a supposed to buy to connect the microphone to interface?
XLR F - XLR M. The male (pins out) side's for the interface, female for mike.

2. I'm a supposed to get 2 Studio monitors or just 1?
Two, you need a stereo image. You can always check the mono one afterward.

3.Do I connect the Studio Monitors to the computer or the Audio interface?
Audio interface. It's your sound card now.

4. What cable do I get to connect the Studio Monitors?
Depends on the monitor. It can be a balanced 1/4" or XLR. You haven't told us the interface or monitor, so it's a shot in the dark.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Well Right now my interface is the Novation X station but I'm probably going to get a Duet. I haven't bought monitors yet. Wasn't sure what to get. I have a $300 budget for speakers.

I plan on recording guitars, vocals, keyboard,and logic studio instruments.
KRK RP5G2s are probably the only decent ones in your price range. I'd connect them either with a TRS or XLR cable (the interface outs are now what's important).

As for interfaces, I'd go for M Audio's ProFire 610 or Presonus' Firebox instead of the Apogee, unless you can really take advantage of its pro-quality converters and don't mind frequently connecting/reconnecting stuff (and buying a DI box).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Dec 17, 2008,