Page 1 of 3
So If you use someone elses Sig guitar (KKV epi/gibby slash, Esp Alexi etc..) are you automaticly a poser?

Now I dont mean as a main guitar, but using it for a backup, to gig etc.

I want the Alexi-600 but dont want to seem stupid.

I dont listen to COB, but what I have heard for guitar I like and I like the design so im not being a fanboy in wanting it haha.

So what do you guys think?
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
ESP LTD Eclipse 1000, ASB
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
It's a guitar. You can play it. Who cares?

Like, so what if you have a KKV or something? Maybe YOU like the shape, the feel, playability, etc, and it just so happens that artist likes the same thing. Not a big deal.
Some people will say you're a poser, but I don't see how using a guitar that YOU like and has everything YOU need makes you a poser.

I don't listen to COB that much, either, but I'm considering Alexi's sig as one of my next guitars, simply because it has the features I want, and looks sharp.

So, if it works for you, get it. To hell with everyone else.
It doesnt make you a poser at all. I think a poser is someone who says they can play guitar well says they know everything about it, but when it gets down to it they dont know jack. If you like the sound and look of a signature guitar then you should get it if its the best one for you, it doesnt make a difference.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Your not necessarily a poser, your just not as much of an individual. With the money you spend on one of those artist guitars, you could put towards your own personal guitar, creating something thats uniquely you. Just my opinion tho.
by this logic, anyone who plays a Les Paul is a poser.. i won't even get into the irony of people who have a signature Les Paul... this would also mean that the Slash Signature Les Paul is a double signature guitar. whats next? the XguitargodX Slash Signature Les Paul Signature Gibson??

no, playing a sig guitar means nothing.
You could tatoo "poser" on my ass check if you bought me an Angus Young Sig SG. I wouldn't give one jumping jesus harold christ what anyone thought as I cradled it in my arms.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
By the way, I thought posers listened to Winger?

She's only seventeeeeeen....
SEV
EN
TEEN!
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by MoroneSaxatilis
By the way, I thought posers listened to Winger?

She's only seventeeeeeen....
SEV
EN
TEEN!

wat?
I'm using a Jeff Beck sig strat and I don't feel much like a poser. I've never even heard one of his songs to be honest.

If you like the guitar, get it. It's not like it comes with a guy carrying a sign that says "this is the Alexi Laiho guitar!" that will follow you around.

Most people will have no clue that it is a sig guitar. Hell, most people don't even know sig guitars exist and the vast majority of guitarists won't be able to tell it from a non-sig guitar.
Quote by cthuludawn21
by this logic, anyone who plays a Les Paul is a poser.. i won't even get into the irony of people who have a signature Les Paul... this would also mean that the Slash Signature Les Paul is a double signature guitar. whats next? the XguitargodX Slash Signature Les Paul Signature Gibson??

Maybe i wasn't real clear. What I meant was with the ridiculous price that most signature guitars are, you could spend that money towards a guitar you personalize and make your own. BUT if you like everything about the sig guitar, then i say go for it.
Quote by cthuludawn21

How about the Kevin Bond Signature Randy Rhoads V? Does that count?
Me too. I even like Slaughter. But I recall in high school you wouldn't be caught dead saying that.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

Not my fault Joe Satriani's signature gear is all awesome.

Well, case in point, if it offers you something you don't get on a standard model, why shouldn't you use it?
It'll make you a poser if you don't get it because of what someone else thinks.
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Quote by TheQuailman

If you like the guitar, get it. It's not like it comes with a guy carrying a sign that says "this is the Alexi Laiho guitar!" that will follow you around.

That would be hilarious! I would love it for the random insanity
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Quote by football4224
Maybe i wasn't real clear. What I meant was with the ridiculous price that most signature guitars are, you could spend that money towards a guitar you personalize and make your own. BUT if you like everything about the sig guitar, then i say go for it.

+1 I agree for the price they charge for these things you could upgrade your own.

+2 If you like it and have the money, get it.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by guitargod21136
It'll make you a poser if you don't get it because of what someone else thinks.

GENIUS.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

With guitars like the Syn Gates Custom it is pretty obviuous that it's a sig. I would have gotten one already (i like the shape and the look), but I think is too recognizable. But with most signature guitars there's only a minority who know whos guitar it is.
████████
████████
████████
How could I get a striking V?
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Quote by Vastros
How could I get a striking V?

my guess is google or ebay. search for ESP SV. they're only available in europe and japan, though, so good luck finding one. if i happen to find a place to order one, i'll let you know

EDIT: try here, they're in Italy http://www.shred-factory.it/

Keep searching, I know you'll find a way eventually.
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Dec 16, 2008,
Get the Jackson RR24. At least it doesn't have Alexi's name or 'COBHC' on the guitar...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i would have a vai jem 7 string if i could justify spending that much on a guitar to my wife after i already own two $1,000.00+ guitars and havent been in a band in over a decade lol.
Quote by Dizeaz2112
Some people will say you're a poser, but I don't see how using a guitar that YOU like and has everything YOU need makes you a poser.

I don't listen to COB that much, either, but I'm considering Alexi's sig as one of my next guitars, simply because it has the features I want, and looks sharp.

So, if it works for you, get it. To hell with everyone else.

+1

I use the alexi-200 as it was my first guitar, and now after all this time I just wish it had a neck pickup . I absolutely love the feel and the sound though, surprised that I actually liked the pickup.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by aznrockerdude
Get the Jackson RR24. At least it doesn't have Alexi's name or 'COBHC' on the guitar...

Neither do Laiho's ESPs...or at least not more than what I assume is his signature on the headstock.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Neither do Laiho's ESPs...or at least not more than what I assume is his signature on the headstock.

I don't know tbh, I just assumed his name would be on the truss rod cover.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Its just on the truss rod cover and a little signiture on the tip of the HS.
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Quote by aznrockerdude
I don't know tbh, I just assumed his name would be on the truss rod cover.

think the new pink one has 'COBHC' on the back or something.

edit: I don't think everybody who buys a signiature is a poser but I am generally against sigs anyway, not only that but alot of fanboys and fangirls buy a guitar just because it has some guitar player's signiature on it, they believe that buying that guitar will somehow magically make them sound like their idol. I'm sure everyone on this forum will recognise the bull**** in that theory but there are alot of morons out there.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
i dont care less about paul allender or cradle of filth or that part of the metal genre put im still getting his sig. do i think im a poser no. do i think its an awesome guitar of course
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
I have an ESP SV, and I can tell you that it's easily one of the nicest guitars I've ever played.

However, it'll be a lot more difficult to find one, and cost a lot more. A lot more.

ESP LTD Alexi-600 = $1,179
ESP SV = $2,500

Plus, the shipping of getting the SV to you will probably be at least $200.

EDIT: I wanted to add, though, that getting the ESP USA Alexi would be a lot closer in price and quality. In which case it would really be up to you in terms of what you want. I'd say the SV in that case, as I've found it to be nicer and more versatile.

Also, there is always the Edwards brand. Edwards is the equivalent to LTD, but in Japan, and better quality. It's owned by ESP, but handles the slightly lower-end versions like LTD does. They also do Alexi sigs, which cost the same as the LTD ones, but are a lot better. They also have the actual shape and paintjob Alexi's guitars do (not that you necessarily care about that) that LTD can't do because of Jackson copyright in the USA.

Of course, you'd still have the shipping problem. But you can always find them on Ebay.
Last edited by Delanoir at Dec 16, 2008,
well, lemme put it this way: I played a Tom Delonge sig model for a while. I got made fun of. Did I care? No, cause that thing cranked and cooked and did what I needed it to. When I got rid of that, I did a similar thing to my ibanez strat, and I still took flack on that.

All I'm saying, if you really gotta ignore what others think of you. Well, not completely... but be comfortable with who you are and what you play and like, then worry about what they think.

Also, I almost got a Mark Hoppus bass, not because it was mark hoppus, but because it was a P-style pickup on a J-style body, that thing was an AWESOME bass.... and the Sting Bass... but I fell in love with the Deluxe P-bass and haven't looked back since. (actually, the only thing that kept me from getting the sting bass was the name on the 12th fret... ugly)

And Dan Andriano of Alkaline Trio plays a Geddy Lee bass with a new pickguard on it.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I got myself my first signature guitar on Ebay a few days ago, it's pretty much just a logical evolution of a normal G-400 SG. It has two extra frets and different pickups and I don't really feel much like Tony Iommi with it so it's all cool.
I don't think it is that bad. Honestly right now I really want to at least play a Brian May Red Special Replica. That would be pretty damn sweet. I dunno if I would buy it but I would definitely try one.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Don't worry it works even if you don't play signature guitars. Some dumbass on UG here called me a Eddie Van Halen wannabe cause I like Kramer guitars

Anyways, use what you like it is your money after all, you're the one thats paying for it not the moron that calls you a wannabe so whats it to him. Having said that though there are certain signatures I just wouldn't want. Zakk Wylde's bullseye LP being one of them, its too cliche now.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Personally, I would hate to have a guitar with someone elses signature. I would find something else or build something else first if I could. But if I found an awesome feeling/awesome sounding signature guitar, Their signature on the headstock would not stop me from playing it.
Page 1 of 3