http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/drewfromutah/music/all/play490775

I threw this together in about 2 hours. I know the chorus is a little shaky and I know the song desperately needs bass but if you have any other advice i'd be glad to listen. I'll crit you back. Thanks

Equip used:

Gibson SG
Peavey Classic 30
DOD Grunge pedal
M Audio Fast Track USB
Shure SM57
Last edited by drewfromutah at Dec 16, 2008,
Not bad at all. The playing is very solid and the solo was very cleanly played and solid as well (Volume could be mixed a little better on the solo though). If I had to critique one thing in particular it would be the pinch harmonics though as they seem flat just like you forced them in the exact occasions they occur on the album version. Work on your vibrato on the PH's and they would sound less flat I think. Overall it's a very good cover and I'd give it an 8.5/10 with room for improvement on that with improved Pinch Harmonics and of course...a better drum track . Can't wait to hear some more coheed covers and thanks for your crit on my Neverender cover. If I garner up the patience to deal with that crappy mic and do some heavy mixing, I might get around to covering a couple Coheed songs.
Quote by HappyGilmore899
Not bad at all. The playing is very solid and the solo was very cleanly played and solid as well (Volume could be mixed a little better on the solo though). If I had to critique one thing in particular it would be the pinch harmonics though as they seem flat just like you forced them in the exact occasions they occur on the album version. Work on your vibrato on the PH's and they would sound less flat I think. Overall it's a very good cover and I'd give it an 8.5/10 with room for improvement on that with improved Pinch Harmonics and of course...a better drum track . Can't wait to hear some more coheed covers and thanks for your crit on my Neverender cover. If I garner up the patience to deal with that crappy mic and do some heavy mixing, I might get around to covering a couple Coheed songs.

Thanks man. I had a hell of a time getting those pinch harmonics to come through. For some reason they never sound good when I'm recording. If you want to collaborate on a Coheed cover, let me know. We could split the guitar parts up.
Quote by drewfromutah
Thanks man. I had a hell of a time getting those pinch harmonics to come through. For some reason they never sound good when I'm recording. If you want to collaborate on a Coheed cover, let me know. We could split the guitar parts up.

Yeah man I would be up for it. I don't have much time right now but after the holidays I would love to get a cover going. I know parts of or the entirety of quite a few coheed songs so I would be up for just about any of the following. Dont get the impression that I'm really that good though as playing ANYTHING for me all the way through cleanly is still a challenge but I atleast know these songs.

Can Play Entire song:
Feathers (Lead+Rhythm)
The Running Free (Lead+Rhythm)
Mother Superior (Lead)
The End Complete III: TEC (Lead+Rhythm)
The End Complete IV: Road And The Damned (Lead+Rhythm)
The Suffering (Rhythm..,Could probably learn Lead quickly)
The Lying Lies & Dirty Secrets Of Miss Erica Court: (Rhythm but could learn Lead probably)
In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth:3 (Rhythm)
Backend Of Forever (Lead+Rhythm)
A Favor House Atlantic (Rhythm)
Delirium Trigger (Rhythm)
Neverender (Rhythm..obviously)

I know most of or bits and pieces of and would be willing to learn the rest of:
Al The Killer
Time Consumer
Junesong Provision
God Send Conspirator
Hearshot Kid Disaster
Mother May I