Page 1 of 3
Ok so i find out today from my art teacher, i might be getting kicked off the course.

Their reason? I haven't produced enough work
My excuse? the course is boring, ****ty, and uninspiring.

I'm doing A-Level art and the course is based on the themes of Destruction, Decay, Erode etc etc.

My specific direction has ventured into the theme of societys downfall. A few examples that i've done are
-a portrait of a political figure done entirely out of newspaper cuttings
-a barrel of oil containing blood
-a banknote with V for Vendetta's head replacing the queen (for the jokes)

What I'm asking for is any ideas and suggestions... especially if you're doing the course. Cookies all round for any ideas, cheers in advance!

TL;DR - Need ideas for art project, themes are destruction and societiys downfall
You could always look at the art work inlays for the Arch Enemy album Doomsday that could give a few ideas
Quote by GnR_ROK
Words for describing the ladies subtly

Damage - bit of alright
Major damage - bloody fit
Damage has been done - older fit bird
minor damage - fit but you would be arrested for it
collateral damage - ugly bird with fit mates
Quote by Hadi The Ghost
Here we go with the meme-related stuff ¬_¬

You wanted society's downfall. There's a perfect example.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

i have an idea

a dark street. lined with oil lamps and pirates, and its all decaying and eroding
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Hadi The Ghost
Ok so i find out today from my art teacher, i might be getting kicked off the course.

Their reason? I haven't produced enough work
My excuse? the course is boring, ****ty, and uninspiring.

I'm doing A-Level art and the course is based on the themes of Destruction, Decay, Erode etc etc.

That sounds awesome.

I'd love to paint a giant apocalypse or something.
Maybe take Salvador Dali's clocks and mix some buildings in, and rain fiery destruction down on them.
Quote by maggot9779
Make a chocolate bar wrapper, and call it Credit Crunch.........

You could include war-torn countries, ice caps melting.
Quote by Jaymz_515
You wanted society's downfall. There's a perfect example.

Alright, you get a slight touché for that. Still, I'd feel dirty for doing anything in the outside world relating to that site
a nice painting of mindless robots in an internet cafe would be pretty good. or a eyeless person wired to a webcam. a school full of blank expressioned children playing xbox? i could go on for days.
Quote by GreenDayChris
Look into some of Crass' artwork (done be Gee Vaucher)

Damn they're awesome! Any other suggested artists?
Society's downfall?

A fake burberry hat in a public park filled with nuclear waste.
Quote by Hadi The Ghost
...based on the themes of Destruction, Decay, Erode etc etc.

Paint a picture of the U.S. if the big three doesn't get the bailout... THAT is decay...
Funny

(\__/)
(='o'=)
(")_(")
Should've taken a real subject then, shouldn't you?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
A dacaying hand that is half flesh and half bone, reaching out of that barrel of blood.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| I LIKE PURPLE|||||||||||||||||

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by Ed Hunter
Should've taken a real subject then, shouldn't you?

Ok, c'mon, hit me up with yours?

Why not follow your talents? I'd rather get a good grade in this, than fail in something that's considered "more useful"
Create a photo montage of children who have been murdered/abducted (Madeline McCann, Jamie Bulger etc) and scrawl the word 'Victims' over it in child's handwriting.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by maggot9779
Make a chocolate bar wrapper, and call it Credit Crunch.........

Or the next best thing..

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by maggot9779
Hadi, do you have any pics of the stuff you've done? I'd like to see it.

I might upload some stuff on here to get people to know what im on about a bit better, if i STILL can't think
Make an ad, "vintage style", like this one for example:

Maybe for some kind of imaginary brand of car that uses a whole lot of gas, with a slogan like "Hugecarnamehere - A big spender's choice!" or something, with factories contaminating the sky in the background...
Does it have to be 2D?
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
Blow your nose in your teachers hair/sleeve/mouth, then explain how it was an artistic representation of your decaying confidence after being told you may be off the course
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Paint a birdseye view of the aftermath of the Firebombings of Dresden with a charred eagle laying on the ground with wings spread, try to make it look similar to the eagle statues used by nazi germany.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by Hadi The Ghost
Ok, c'mon, hit me up with yours?

Why not follow your talents? I'd rather get a good grade in this, than fail in something that's considered "more useful"

History, Archaeology and Chemistry. Y'know, academic subjects.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Actually look up some of Adam Jones's paintings. He's really good.

Here's one he did.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Dec 16, 2008,
Death metal albums, right now.

/thread
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Does it have to be 2D?

No, but I would prefer it, as im working at home at the moment, everything 3D's a bit hard to get into school as i live miles away

Blow your nose in your teachers hair/sleeve/mouth, then explain how it was an artistic representation of your decaying confidence after being told you may be off the course

Funny thing is this is the kinda **** you might actually get away with. Some chick in my class put some mould in a bag and kept it. MOULD!

did the barrel contain real blood?

Nah, it was a sketch, my bad, but I did the barrel in pencil, and the blood with oil pastels. looked Good though, the real thing would be a bitch to do, as I'm talkin proper oil barrels here. Either i gotta murder some fools, or do some serious dying.

History, Archaeology and Chemistry. Y'know, academic subjects.

I also do History, and English Literature... I'm not the type to pick art, media and music or something, but what's wrong in a little fun?
One word - Parody. Do not follow through with images of destruction, decay etc, parody them. The fact that all parody is derivative adds irony. After all, these days we worship 'original' pieces, while derivative works are pushed to the side.
If I was given that brief, I would probably jump straight to death- decay of the body through old age, through disease and though misuse.

There are tons of artists going round in my mind for this, but I can't recall their names. I reckon you should look at Franko B, it fits in with what I just suggested and possibly also with the piece you did with blood.

This guy paints himself white, then drains himself of blood on stage.

I'll try and think of more references for you.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Actually, that's the most web-friendly picture I can find of him, you need to watch his performances...

Is this helpful though? Do you want me to come up with more ideas?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Page 1 of 3