ok so im in college and i very seldom go to class ill be the first to tell you that. but the reason i dont go to class is because every class i took this semester was a waste of my time, everything they tried to teach me i knew and i dont like for my time to be wasted. now where i go ifyou fail the final you automatically fail the class no matter what your grades are that semester, however if you pass the final it still goes back to your grades......... I made a ninety ****in eight on one my finals yet i still failed the class. this makes absolutely no sense to me, if i can pull a 98 off on the final then apparently i learned everything the professor had to teach me yet ive gotta go through the same old **** again.

does anyone else agree with me that if you pass the comprehensive final you should pass the class or am i just bitter
where did i say i was better, all i said was everything the professor tried to teach i had already learned, thats not saying im better thats just saying ive already learned the ****
Quote by freedoms_stain
Course work always makes up a portion of your grade.

this

But, I'm guilty of similar things as well. Ace the test, fail the class or get a D because I didn't do homework.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
No matter how much a waste of time that class is, you have to do what you have to do in order to make grades. It is a stupid system and they should change it, until then, do what you HAVE to do and not what you WANT to do.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Seriously, how many big, important things are you doing right now that consume so much time you can't be bothered to go to class? Just show up and get your easy A.
smooth... most professors count attendance (if the class is small), otherwise its usually homework, projects, midterms, and the final. youve gotta do all the work to get credit... so by doing just one of the many things required, thats not going to fly. otherwise, instead of having a class you would just be paying for a test, and thats really not how it works.
That would make sense... but if that was the case, tons of people would try to pull off what you did, causing many to fail miserably, which would put the rankings of the school down, meaning less people applying, meaning less money they could possibly make, blah blah blah cash cash cash.

Some teachers don't care, or they have enough tenure that they really don't care whatsoever since nobody can touch them, but most do. It all comes down to money though.

I feel for you, but you have to go by the book = /

Kick ass 98 though, not even going to lie.
dude I totally agree with you. the system is stupid, if you can score 98% then you obviously know your course well - yet you have to go through it all again..
you guys are idiots, the system is fine, you pay for a class, so go to class, you don't pay to skip, even if you know everything, go and do the coursework anyways and get your easy grades.

Edit:
Quote by creeping.death!
It's not only about knowing the stuff, it's also about working hard and showing responsability.

Agreed.
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
College isn't just about learning the knowledge in the class. Just because you know everything that's on the final, the fact that you did no work, and didn't show up to class just shows the professor that you're lazy. So you deserved to fail.
wow what a waste.... most likely your parents money. I bet this isn't the first time you have wasted something that was given to you.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Schecter C-1 Plus
Peavey Classic 30
How do you know you already knew everything they taught in class when you didn't go to class?

Drop the ego.
So you knew how the system worked yet still complain about rubbish grades when you didn't do what's required? Boo hoo, you should have thought of that before you assumed you were too good to attend the classes.

I'll agree that 'the system' can never be perfect for every individual but if you'd done what was required you wouldn't be failing right now. I've not learned a great deal in music theory since I started my course almost a year and a half ago but I haven't missed one lesson and I've done every piece of coursework set. Guess what; I'm doing fine in music theory.

I don't mean to sound too heartless but it sounds like you need to realise that how the system should work and how the system does work aren't always the same and you aren't in a position to change it to suit your own needs so the only viable course of action is to follow the rules. I hope those grades improve for you.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Last edited by wannabe jesus at Dec 16, 2008,
Your lazy are you not...you sign up for a class and then never show up...I am impressed that you already knew every single thing they were going to teach even though you did show up for any classes?
Stop Crying Baby!
Quote by nightraven
i'm sorry that you're undoubtably better than everyone else in every possible way and that you have to suffer because of it

Me too. Sooooooo sorry.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
very few people in this thread actually answered the question im not asking if you thought i was right in not going to class, cause to be quite honest i dont give a ****..... im just asking if you think that it should be pass the pass the class since its fail the final fail the class. i think if the final can keep you from passing it should pass you if you do well cause apparently ive learned what the class had to teach me
Quote by metaldud536
If you already know the course work and think it's a waste of time, why don't you prove it and try to get in a more difficult program?

cause more difficulty = more money and out of high school i didnt have scholarship type grades. i guess its pretty obvious looking at the first post, but i dont do real hot in school. i get the material i understand it..... but idk school is too structured or something im bored out of my mind most of the time which leads to me not goin to class which leads to me failing the course
Quote by dmiwshicldply
cause more difficulty = more money and out of high school i didnt have scholarship type grades. i guess its pretty obvious looking at the first post, but i dont do real hot in school. i get the material i understand it..... but idk school is too structured or something im bored out of my mind most of the time which leads to me not goin to class which leads to me failing the course

you CAN test out of a lot of courses... try that. dont complain about the system "failing you" when what it really proved is that you're just lazy. you dont think there are others of us who think going to class is ****in boring? cmon now... most of the people i know cant stand to go to class either. but we go... why? because until the system is changed, thats how it is. i dont think it should be changed because MOST people DO need to go to class to understand things, or at least further push the information into their memory (also, going to class offers the benefit of asking questions if you come across something you DONT understand). if you are going to skip class, at least do the homework, projects, and whatever else you need to do aside from attending... and maybe youll do ok. but for now, just realize that you learned your lesson the hard way, and next time maybe you should attend class.

out of curiosity, what was this class you failed?
Do you seriously want your entire grade to depend on a single test?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by dmiwshicldply
ok so im in college and i very seldom go to class ill be the first to tell you that. but the reason i dont go to class is because every class i took this semester was a waste of my time, everything they tried to teach me i knew and i dont like for my time to be wasted. now where i go ifyou fail the final you automatically fail the class no matter what your grades are that semester, however if you pass the final it still goes back to your grades......... I made a ninety ****in eight on one my finals yet i still failed the class. this makes absolutely no sense to me, if i can pull a 98 off on the final then apparently i learned everything the professor had to teach me yet ive gotta go through the same old **** again.

does anyone else agree with me that if you pass the comprehensive final you should pass the class or am i just bitter

Wow you have got to be kidding me...and to answer your question, your just bitter, its a class not a pass the final and you pass course.

And if you "dont give a f#$k" your grade will reflect how much you care about your work...
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
It all depends on the class. You can ace a comprehensive final in something like philosophy or history but should still fail if you didn't do any of the coursework like writing papers. I mean the point of those classes isn't to fill your head, it's to develop your critical skills and writing skills, which only comes about through actually doing the classwork.

Same thing with labs in science.

Now when that happens in something like statistics or Calc, it's an absolute load of crap... no wait, even those classes have sections where you have to think and apply the ideas, not just know them.

I guess you're just wrong.
Quote by Divided_Eye
you CAN test out of a lot of courses... try that. dont complain about the system "failing you" when what it really proved is that you're just lazy. you dont think there are others of us who think going to class is ****in boring? cmon now... most of the people i know cant stand to go to class either. but we go... why? because until the system is changed, thats how it is. i dont think it should be changed because MOST people DO need to go to class to understand things, or at least further push the information into their memory (also, going to class offers the benefit of asking questions if you come across something you DONT understand). if you are going to skip class, at least do the homework, projects, and whatever else you need to do aside from attending... and maybe youll do ok. but for now, just realize that you learned your lesson the hard way, and next time maybe you should attend class.

out of curiosity, what was this class you failed?

it was freshman english which the whole point of freshman english is to teach you to write, the final was to write a paper in like 2 hours. so if i make a 98 i apparently know how to write, but thats really not whats pissing me off i didnt go to class therefore i fail ok i can understand that. but if i had gone to every class and had a 100 in the course work yet failed the final i wouldve failed the class. but here i am failing the course work and pass the final but i still fail. i just feel like if one test can cause you to fail then one test should be able to cause you to pass too
Quote by dmiwshicldply
it was freshman english which the whole point of freshman english is to teach you to write, the final was to write a paper in like 2 hours. so if i make a 98 i apparently know how to write, but thats really not whats pissing me off i didnt go to class therefore i fail ok i can understand that. but if i had gone to every class and had a 100 in the course work yet failed the final i wouldve failed the class. but here i am failing the course work and pass the final but i still fail. i just feel like if one test can cause you to fail then one test should be able to cause you to pass too

No. Just, no. (For one, having a writing final be Hurry! Write! is positively atrocious. I feel for you on that front.) But you've got a class with two elements here, work and final, as you've described it. Either way if you do one and not the other you get a (failing) 50%.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by sporkman7
im in 9th grade
and my history teacher wants us to write 2 full 5 paragraph essays with 10 sentences per paragraph and using college level vocabulary and grammar
within an hour
for our final

we had to do that too in 9th or 10th grade dont worry its not as bad as it sounds...... it still sucks but just wait a few years then youll long for those days back