i currently have a dean ml x and was wondering what sort of money i should be looking to spend on an improvement in quality, playability and sound much thanks
ben
well im asking what sort of money i should be looking to spend on a all round improvement in quality, playability and tone
Quote by metalhead887
budget?
styles?
amp?

etc

...then answer that lol
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
I got a great deal on an MLX a couple years ago and I swapped the original pups with high end DEAN pups I won on Ebay for $17.00 shipped and it was a big improvement. I set the guitar up myself and that was a major improvement as well. I wasn't too sure about the Paulownia wood but it does have good tone for a light weight wood. For an inexpensive guitar it performs pretty dam good after just a few dollars in upgrades. Your cost is going to depend on what you pay for pups and a set up. I love Ebay for parts. I have bought Duncans, Gibson and Dimarzio pups really cheap but you have to be patient.

I have a rule that upgrades on lower end guitars that it shouldn't cost more than half what the guitar is worth. After that your just better off buying a better guitar. For example a set of EMGs would be more than you would have paid for a DEAN MLX new.

John