Was looking for affordable overdrive and chorus pedals and found the Ibanez PD-7 (£37) and DigiTech XBC Bass Multivoice Chorus (£55). At the same time, I saw that the Zoom B2 online for £70.

Although the Zoom seems like better value, I've heard from a lot of mates that you lose a lot of warmth using a digital stomp-box, making your bass sound very unnatural. But, I know that Zoom pedals have a very good reputation. Anyone with experience of both digital and analogue pedals have an opinion?
In 99% of cases analogue sounds a lot better, a lot warmer and more natural.
However, you do get a great deal more hardware for your money with digital. It all depends how much you wanna pay, Zoom do do some great digital stuff though so I would go and check it out at the closest shop for myself.
Ibanez S7320
Marshall Valvestate 100v Model 8100 Head
Marshall 1936 Lead Cab
\m/ Latria \m/
I don't think digital is bad. Just different.

The Digitech Chorus and the PD-7 are both execellent especially considering the price.
Some things, IMO like distortion, are analog in nature and therefore really sound better when analog. However, digital effects always have digital benefits, like consistant response, high fidelity, and flexibility.

Now, with chorus, analog and digital have their own specific voicings, and you may or may not like one or the other. Chorus, by definition, is the sound of several things playing the same notes, and by virtue of the fact that digital chorus pedals will do it more 'proper' than an analog pedal since digital pedals can take the clean signal, multiply it, and modulate it much easier and cleaner than analog stuff. However, analog chorus has a certain voice that you just can't get from digital boxes (unless they're modelling one).

Listen to Until it Sleeps by Metallica. That's an analog chorus. If you don't like that sound, you're not going to like any analog choruses.

I use a Digitech Bass Chorus.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by IndianRockStar
The Digitech Bass Chorus is uber.

Yes I have been a proponent of that pedal for sometime. Amazing sound for the price. I am also a big fan of the DigiDelay as well.
Quote by anarkee
Yes I have been a proponent of that pedal for sometime. Amazing sound for the price. I am also a big fan of the DigiDelay as well.

Have that too. I think unless you have an honest to God tape delay with actual cassettes, digital delays are where it's at.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Analog>digital in tone
Digital>analog in almost every other field (cost, size, ease to fix, how easy you can find them)

I personally couldnt justify the extra money analog costs, but if your a tone stickler, or are in a cover band looking for a distinct sound, or just really prefer analog to digital, go analog.

But for most people digital is most practical
Quote by yingyangthang
Analog>digital in tone
Digital>analog in almost every other field (cost, size, ease to fix, how easy you can find them)

I personally couldnt justify the extra money analog costs, but if your a tone stickler, or are in a cover band looking for a distinct sound, or just really prefer analog to digital, go analog.

But for most people digital is most practical

How is Digital easier to fix?

Analog is the way to go.
Unless you're getting a synth or delay pedal I can't see a digital pedal being worth it.
If you want a overdrive you HAVE to go analog. Digital overdrive/distortion sounds awful. If you plan to stick with bass go with analog. It is worth it in the long run.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.