Or do they even work at all?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
A noticeable difference to what?

I don't get the questions.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Whats a power conditioner? sounds like haircare
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
According to Wiki: ...“power conditioner” refers to a voltage regulator with at least one other function to improve power quality (e.g. noise suppression, transient impulse protection, etc.).
So I'm asking if power conditioners actually reduce noise, if it's noticeable and if it's worth buying one.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
It's more convenient, and a little safer for you and your gear. But if you're not having problems with noise, then probably not all that worth it.

Now if you're playing shows in different venues every night, it helps to have a power supply that you know will be consistently good.
I plug my amps into an APC unit and have never ever had problems with buzz, hum, or other amp related annoying artifacts you'll notice if you plug it straight into the wall in some places. I highly recommend one. Plus, if you're power goes out your amp keeps jammin' away for an hour.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
It's more convenient, and a little safer for you and your gear. But if you're not having problems with noise, then probably not all that worth it.

Now if you're playing shows in different venues every night, it helps to have a power supply that you know will be consistently good.

+1
Ah, thank you. I'm not actually looking at buying one, I was just curious to know if they actually work and what purposes they serve.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I plug my amps into an APC unit and have never ever had problems with buzz, hum, or other amp related annoying artifacts you'll notice if you plug it straight into the wall in some places. I highly recommend one. Plus, if you're power goes out your amp keeps jammin' away for an hour.

I needed that when my power took a noise dive to half power one night... But I cant knock it, I got my very own variac for free that night ohhhh so creamy lol
They're mainly used in rack amps I believe. Makes it a lot tidier.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
They make a difference when the wall voltage is pushing 160 and your equipment can only take 120

They also make a difference if there is a blackout

The premise of the question referring to tone is false.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I needed that when my power took a noise dive to half power one night... But I cant knock it, I got my very own variac for free that night ohhhh so creamy lol

that is really really bad on your amp. EVH used to blow up many transformers because of that.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
that is really really bad on your amp. EVH used to blow up many transformers because of that.

Lol, I know I was in the middle of playing when it hit. Then immediately turned it off once I figured out what the hell happened and waited for the power to come back fully.

And EVH used to blow stuff just for fun, lets not forget that
Correct me if I'm wrong, but power conditioners regulate the flow of current so that it eliminates surges and spikes that could damage your gear.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Correct me if I'm wrong, but power conditioners regulate the flow of current so that it eliminates surges and spikes that could damage your gear.

correct.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.