eh maybe if you had better recording gear and such it would be better. not too bad. could be a lot better though.
Vocals sound like a 13 year old james hetfield.
The timing was off, I'd get tighter as a band before recording.

EDIT: Get a vocalist that will try to be original.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Last edited by soundgarden19 at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by soundgarden19
Vocals sound like a 13 year old james hetfield.
The timing was off, I'd get tighter as a band before recording.

EDIT: Get a vocalist that will try to be original.

sure, how do you mean? a bad vocalist or an unoriginal one?
Last edited by irishmatt1992 at Dec 17, 2008,
Instrumentally you guys are good, the vocals don't always match the songs though. It's not that the vocals are bad but they need work in the lyric and melody area. Overall I thought it was all right 6.8/10 in my opinion.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
really bad, really realllly bad

I don't sugar coat, sry
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
awful. sorry. mix is also terrible.

also the guitars definitely sound like dump (the tone, not the playing)
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
the dual rhythm guitar needs to be in sync in order for the song to sound good.

You need a new vocalist, maybe somebody who has gone through puberty

he is trying to sound aggressive but the voice just isn't deep enough, you need someone with a raspier darker voice.
Vocals are not terrible (keeping in mind this is a very raw recording through a not so good mic, probably). But uninteresting.

Unfortunately lyric wise, and melody wise, there isn't a lot going on that's memorable, or particularly interesting. But you guys are young. The voice will improve. The songs will improve. Every band starts somewhere, and this is a fine start.

I recommend that you don't try and strain your voice though. Find an interesting tone that you can work with but the fake rasp probably isn't such a good idea.

Come up with your own style and work with it. I can definitely hear the James hetfield influence. And that's fine, but experiment a little more until you find something that's comfortable. If it's not working on the recording, it won't come close to half working live.

But yeah, as I said earlier, this is an extremely raw vocal track production wise and that isn't exactly helping. Definitely potential though!

Keep it up.
Last edited by ChrisBG at Dec 18, 2008,
Quote by ChrisBG
Vocals are not terrible (keeping in mind this is a very raw recording through a not so good mic, probably). But uninteresting.

Unfortunately lyric wise, and melody wise, there isn't a lot going on that's memorable, or particularly interesting. But you guys are young. The voice will improve. The songs will improve. Every band starts somewhere, and this is a fine start.

I recommend that you don't try and strain your voice though. Find an interesting tone that you can work with but the fake rasp probably isn't such a good idea.

Come up with your own style and work with it. I can definitely hear the James hetfield influence. And that's fine, but experiment a little more until you find something that's comfortable. If it's not working on the recording, it won't come close to half working live.

But yeah, as I said earlier, this is an extremely raw vocal track production wise and that isn't exactly helping. Definitely potential though!

Keep it up.

thanks, yeah at one point we recorded vocals with an xbox mic, haha. I credit you a lot for giving us very good suggestions, thak you very much.

So dod the rest of you guys think to just totally abolish the "screaming"