Poll: JS1200 (or other JS sig) or Strat or tele?
Poll Options
View poll results: JS1200 (or other JS sig) or Strat or tele?
JS1200
17 45%
Strat
11 29%
Tele
7 18%
OtherJS or Ibanez
3 8%
Other (please post which)
0 0%
Voters: 38.
Ibanez JS1200 (or other JS) or a strat or tele?
(thinking of getting a new guitar - for playing all sorts, blues, rock, satch's stuff,...)
Thanks for voting

G
GUI
GUITA
GUITARH
GUITARHEAD
GUITARH
GUITA
GUI
G

Satch fans?

Joe Satriani ...(group) ...(join it)
Id go with something more along the lines of HSS with a coil tap, best of both worlds if you ask me.
My recommendation is to goto a guitar store and play them. If your going with a strat though you may want a HSS config for a humbucker if you want to play lots of rock as well.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
if you need something verstile go for the tele.... then again another option is a HSS strat...
jeez dont pick up the ibanez
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
that js is sick
i can only say good things about mine. built like a brick and plays like a dream. its a versatile thing so you can manage strat and satch tones but i am yet to get tele tones out of it. i speak from experience.
Go with the JS, not only is it a brilliant guitar but it's different to the guitar you already have. Not to mention perfect for Satch tones.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
JS >>>>>> Strats>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Teles

there ya go.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by DerAj2
Id go with something more along the lines of HSS with a coil tap, best of both worlds if you ask me.

+1, or HSH.

what's the budget? assuming you're willing to go to the price of the JS1200, something like a Vigier, Suhr or Tyler is bound to be worth a look...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah but I'm trying to go lower than a JS... but if I really have to go that high...

G
GUI
GUITA
GUITARH
GUITARHEAD
GUITARH
GUITA
GUI
G

Satch fans?

Joe Satriani ...(group) ...(join it)
JS1200 of course. I absolutely love mine, it is quite the comfortable guitar.
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by |Guitarhead|
Yeah but I'm trying to go lower than a JS... but if I really have to go that high...

oh, ok. if you are willing to go that high, then those i mentioned would be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
JS is plenty versatile. It already has sweet pickups, excellent trem, coiltaps, and there's a high pass filter switch on the other pot, which you can use for more wiring creativity if you don't find the filter useful. Plus the JS has that incredibly comfortable body shape. They're really underrated guitars, an original Ibanez design too.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
JS is plenty versatile. It already has sweet pickups, excellent trem, coiltaps, and there's a high pass filter switch on the other pot, which you can use for more wiring creativity if you don't find the filter useful. Plus the JS has that incredibly comfortable body shape. They're really underrated guitars, an original Ibanez design too.

If it has a coil tap then by all means go with the JS.
Very big gap from the styles these guitars are for.

Joe's are meant to be experimental with insane whammy playing, to soft melodies. It's floating trem is way different from a strat or a tele's style bridge...

the JS1200 also has Humbuckers, with coil taps so you can still get that single coil sound.
I reckon JS will do anything a strat will do. It won't twang like a tele, but with parallel humbucking pickup wiring it just might do something similar.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!