Hey guys I want to know, is a floyd rose what Herman Li or Alexi Lahio(Wrong spelling maybe...) are using??? If no well what are they using and what is a floyde rose?
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Floyd rose is a tremolo that locks the strings at the nut, therefore keeping the strings in tune when you do extreme whammy dives and the like. You can whammy a fr to the point that strings are laying flat on the fretboard. Instead of tuning with the tuners, you get it mostly in tune, the lock the nut, and use fine tuners on the tremolo to bring the strings into tune. They're good if you're always doing huge tremolo dives, but they make changing strings and tunings an absolute bitch. Just depends on what you play.

EDIT: Not a very good explanation. Basically, you get a floyd rose to keep the strings in tune with extreme whammying. When you install a FR you also have to install a locking nut.
Herman Li sucks, and Alexi Laiho is a wanker.

But yes, Laiho uses a Floyd. Herman Li uses the Ibanez Edge.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
floyd rose is a brand name of floating tremolo. yes herman li uses a floating tremolo but not floyd roses on his older S7420s he has trs7 tremolos.
Thanks guys that's what I needed!
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Herman Li sucks, and Alexi Laiho is a wanker.

But yes, Laiho uses a Floyd. Herman Li uses the Ibanez Edge.

Wrong; Ri uses a ZR, as do all Ibanez S series'. Only guitars with a locking trem or a Wizard neck I'd consider; I hate both, but that tremolo will sty in tune even if you run over the guitar in a car...

But yeah, he's right about them; Laiho = Wanker, Herman = Sucky. Personally I don't see much advantage from a locking trem, but that's what their using.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
Wrong; Ri uses a ZR, as do all Ibanez S series'. Only guitars with a locking trem or a Wizard neck I'd consider; I hate both, but that tremolo will sty in tune even if you run over the guitar in a car...

But yeah, he's right about them; Laiho = Wanker, Herman = Sucky. Personally I don't see much advantage from a locking trem, but that's what their using.

Yes, but I believe the Ibanez E-Gen uses an Edge Pro.
I could be wrong, though. Can't be assed to check, because Herman Li sucks.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by necrosis1193

I'm not a huge fan of either, but with what they do with a Floyd is simply not possible to do with a single or non locking trem and keep it in tune for any length of time. That said, EVH did it on VHI, but never really said how, though I think Herman Li-length abuse would knock it out.
Quote by CJRocker
I'm not a huge fan of either, but with what they do with a Floyd is simply not possible to do with a single or non locking trem and keep it in tune for any length of time. That said, EVH did it on VHI, but never really said how, though I think Herman Li-length abuse would knock it out.

True, but Ri would be lost without his whammy bar. If you just gave him a guitar, without any effects pedals, mega distortion, and a whammy, i don't think he'd know what to do.
Quote by irishstang_87
True, but Ri would be lost without his whammy bar. If you just gave him a guitar, without any effects pedals, mega distortion, and a whammy, i don't think he'd know what to do.

He'd most likely attempt to sweep and make it sound like an arpeggiated muted chord.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by irishstang_87

Hehe, very possible, but then again you could say that for a lot of FR wankers who just use an FR for crazy noise. Like Kirk and his Wah...
Idk CJ, I respect Kirk a lot for his work before this new album. Even though it's stereotypical, his stuff in songs like One, Nothing Else Matters, The Unforgiven, Sanitarium, etc was pretty damn good. I can't stand the new Metallica, though. Better to burn out than to fade into obscurity.
Quote by CJRocker
Hehe, very possible, but then again you could say that for a lot of FR wankers who just use an FR for crazy noise. Like Kirk and his Wah...

Yeah, but Kirk has the skills and the balls to back it up.
After all, he said:

If people want me to stop using my wah, they'll have to cut my leg off.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by irishstang_87
True, but Ri would be lost without his Atari 2600. If you just gave him a guitar, without any effects pedals, mega distortion, and a whammy, i don't think he'd know what to do.

fixed*
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Yes, but I believe the Ibanez E-Gen uses an Edge Pro.
I could be wrong, though. Can't be assed to check, because Herman Li sucks.

Edge Zero, which is basically ZR but utilize knife edge instead of roller pivot.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Quote by Jestersage
Edge Zero, which is basically ZR but utilize knife edge instead of roller pivot.

Yeah, I actually looked it up, after discussing with Necrosis about it.

It's basically a pussified JEM.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened