I have exactly £300 to spend for a new guitar on saturday, will be getting it from GAK and will only have a couple of hours to try them out so need a short list to try. I'm into rock/metal mainly stuff like Guns, Black Stone Cherry, Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica. Any suggestions appreciated.

Jack
A reviewer said High School Musical is "squeakier than Minnie Mouse at the point of climax" and I couldn't help but indulge my imagination.
Gear:
Washburn X200 Pro with SD's
Roland Cube 15x
Digitech RP-50
Boss DS-1
Boss CH-1
Are the SD's capable of stuff like avenged?
A reviewer said High School Musical is "squeakier than Minnie Mouse at the point of climax" and I couldn't help but indulge my imagination.
Gear:
Roland Cube 15x
Digitech RP-50
Boss DS-1
Boss CH-1
Quote by jamesfarr
Washburn X50PRO
/thread.

+1,0000000000000000000000000000000000000000

and yes the pups can handle A7X

although when i went to GAK (as in the actual store) they had none, I had to get mine from the site. You can't really get a better guitar for the money tho, but they might have some sweet preowned stuff.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Thanks, will check it out tomorrow when i go to brighton. Any other suggestions?

Jack
Gear:
Roland Cube 15x
Digitech RP-50
Boss DS-1
Boss CH-1
Quote by jackass565
Thanks, will check it out tomorrow when i go to brighton. Any other suggestions?

Jack

Any other gd washburn
Like maybe a WI165?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Moving away from the Washburn fanboy, a Schecter C1 would be a good choice, maybe a high end Ibanez RG series or a mid-range Jackson. Just make sure whichever one you get has a decent tremolo system.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Moving away from the Washburn fanboy, a Schecter C1 would be a good choice, maybe a high end Ibanez RG series or a mid-range Jackson. Just make sure whichever one you get has a decent tremolo system.

For £300? Don't think so, bub.

A schecter C1 in that price range won't have the duncans or the grovers which the wahsburn has.

The only RG you'll get is an RG320/350 which have a ****ty Edge III and muddy INF pups and are just generally not worth the money.

You can't get a gd mid-range jackson for £300 over here, it's just not going to happen.

And none of them will have particularly gd tremolos.

If you want a cheap guita with a gd trem TS, then get an Ibanez S320 or soemthing. If you don't want a trem, get the X50.

Oh and also, not really being a fanboy here, I had the exact same amount of moeny to spend last october and I did my research, thanks.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Last edited by Gregoric at Dec 17, 2008,
I was referring to your title under your av :P

And I'm Australian, I don't have the best idea of what things are like in Britain, so give me a break. :P I'm just not a fan of the Washburn, so if there's anyway the TS could put a bit more cash together, they would be my suggestions.

And aside from all that, the lower-end Schecters are still pretty good, so you should look into those. The Schecter C1 mightn't have the Duncans/Grovers, but it's still a great guitar, and I'd rather it than the Washburn. Just personal preference, the names on the pickups and tuners don't do it for me, I don't buy brand names. I prefer the sound, I prefer the feel, ergo I prefer the C1.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
I was referring to your title under your av :P

And I'm Australian, I don't have the best idea of what things are like in Britain, so give me a break. :P I'm just not a fan of the Washburn, so if there's anyway the TS could put a bit more cash together, they would be my suggestions.

And aside from all that, the lower-end Schecters are still pretty good, so you should look into those. The Schecter C1 mightn't have the Duncans/Grovers, but it's still a great guitar, and I'd rather it than the Washburn. Just personal preference, the names on the pickups and tuners don't do it for me, I don't buy brand names. I prefer the sound, I prefer the feel, ergo I prefer the C1.

Yeah they're good but you might as well pay the same money for more stuff...and better stuff.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Which would you define as better according to the person making the decision, the brand name on the hardware or how it sounds as a whole?