I've been looking into getting an Ibanez Iceman that I've been playing with at my local guitar shop. It looks slightly used, and for $150, and how there is no Icemen guitars on the market (or that I can find around here) I personally think it's a steal. I've seen a couple guitarists use them and they seem pretty nice. Obviously, I'm going to use it for metal more of the Judas Priest and Metallica kind. What's the community's opinion?
Ibanez STM1
Ibanez Iceman
Digitech Artist Series Dan Donegan 'The Weapon'
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Line 6 Spider 3 30 Watt Modeling Amp
$150 is a well good deal, you go and buy that guitar now!
I Won't Let This Build Up Inside Of Me

Quote by FFTLxx

muhat gandy
+Sideways 8

Well thats me set ^^
it could be the icx, which is kinda junky imo. If you want an iceman, take a look at the ic-300/ic-400
Wow that was fast (sorry if you haven't realized I'm new) I was also thinking with the money I'd be saving, would it be worth it to take out the stock pups and put in either EMG 85/81s or 60/81s? And also install a killswitch, and refinish it to be bright pink?
Ibanez STM1
Ibanez Iceman
Quote by imicius
It has a penis on it.

Quote by Foxy Roxy
and refinish it to be bright pink?

ahahahahaha

edit: pink is NOT metal. unless its the pink of someone's fleshy entrails
Last edited by Wylde14 at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by Foxy Roxy
Wow that was fast (sorry if you haven't realized I'm new) I was also thinking with the money I'd be saving, would it be worth it to take out the stock pups and put in either EMG 85/81s or 60/81s? And also install a killswitch, and refinish it to be bright pink?

if your using a crappy amp like a spider, swapping pickups will barely make any difference to your sound
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
if your using a crappy amp like a spider, swapping pickups will barely make any difference to your sound

I also expect a Blackheart Halfstack for Christmas.
Ibanez STM1
Ibanez Iceman
Last edited by Foxy Roxy at Dec 16, 2008,