For Beethoven, his gift was not the effortless emanations from another world that others, notably Mozart, professed to have. It was a grueling process of organizing his thoughts, a spark of an idea, and then an even more grueling process of revision and refinement. He may have been the best composer of his day, but he may equally have been the hardest working, even as he saw rewards go to lesser talents and other discouragements. Following his realizations in the Heiligenstadt Testament, he ploughed ahead for a shimmering transcendental vision, and ignored daily privations including awkward living circumstances, worries about money, his commerce failing and his decaying hearing.

Ludwig van Beethoven

The music of Ludwig van Beethoven:

Beethoven - Symphony No. 2

This is a legal mp3 by the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra in the Netherlands, made available by Radio 4 who uploaded a series of ten recordings for download without charge.
Not one of my favorites, but an unarguably talented musician who wrote indescribably beautiful music.

The first, and often the best, post-Renaissance era composer who's long compositions were effortless and not strained.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Doesn't really belong in the metal forum.....(maybe in the substance thread)
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Incredible composer, wrote some really interesting music. On a sidenote, I watched A Clockwork Orange a couple days ago, incredible really disturbing movie.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Beethoven's Heroic period has some very powerful moments in his music. I adore his Classic period the most, but the crisis's occuring in his life, sadly enough, really did produce some profound music.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
i wish i had a tenth of the talent of this man.

EDIT: or more, obviously. I'd probably even settle for less.
Also, every self proclaimed musician should know of Große Fuge.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
From what I've learned Beethoven although going through a rough childhood, was incredibly stuck up. He thought of himself as higher than nobility, didn't pay rents (he felt his music was more than enough payment" and Mozart declared him unteachable.

But he was an incredible talent with an unbelievable story nonetheless.
If Paul Ledney can get away with his douchebaggery because of awesome music I think we can easily overlook Beethoven's arrogence.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
I would be interested if it weren't for the predictable and tedious link to that terrible site.
*reported*

The people at ANUS are less intelligent than I thought. No doubt I will get an e-bitch out about how Beethoven is in some way metal.
Well to be fair, there is no Classical forum to put this in... *hint* *hint*
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Classical music DID influence metal...

Besides, the solo on Accept's Metal Heart is a total ripoff of Fur Elise, thus proving Beethoven had something to do with metal.

Beethoven \m/-_-\m/
Wow, Psychopathology must be some sort of prophet.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
I think it belongs here, metal fans can appreciate the mood and atmosphere of classical music.

Beethoven is excellent, he truly was a genius.
Quote by AzureNight
I think it belongs here, metal fans can appreciate the mood and atmosphere of classical music.

Beethoven is excellent, he truly was a genius.

that has nothing to do with it. it's not metal, it doesn't belong. the Dead Kennedies are one of my favorite bands. that doesn't make them metal.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Yeah, but this is probably the best place to put it, seeing as there is no Classical forum.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Ok then, I already got him some hearings aids and some ears that work in the other thread, so i'm done for today.
i love how every true metalhead knows how great classical composers are.

i think it's safe to say we'd kill to have a hundredth of this man's musicality. his music will never die.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by The Evil Hat
that has nothing to do with it. it's not metal, it doesn't belong. the Dead Kennedies are one of my favorite bands. that doesn't make them metal.

Beethoven IS metal.
The other forum is conviently located at the bottom of the band and artists list for your classical things.
Dude, Beethoven is the most metal guy ever

Besides Rachmaninoff.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Dude, Beethoven is the most metal guy ever

Besides Rachmaninoff.

I'm pretty sure Wagner is the most metal guy before metal ever came to be.
Quote by AzureNight
I'm pretty sure Wagner is the most metal guy before metal ever came to be.

He's up there with Ludwig and Rachmaninoff, definately
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I don't listen to much classical music, but I'm amazed at how brilliant some classical composers manage to write such amazing music.

I don't think Beethoven really played metal though, I wouldn't say that inspiring a few tech.death bands really count.