Can an 18 watt tube amp get over drums?
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
hell yes.

What kind of question is that.

The only real advantage higher wattage amps have over lower wattage is more clean headroom, but when it comes to gain and loudness theres not much a 50 watt has over a 18 watt.
Alright sweetness, thanks guys.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
I played a gig with my 18watter with a drumset, another guiatr (using a Laney TT50 with a 2x12) and a bassist with a HArtke HA-3500 on 2. Yes it works without problems.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I dont think it's quite as clear cut as everybody is saying. My amp is 15watt and my brother on drums really smacks the hell out of them and while you can definitely hear the guitar it could still be louder in the mix IMO.

Keep this in mind though, on my amp anything beyond about 6 out of 10 on the master volume is just adding power tube saturation and its only a 10inch and pretty crappy speaker. Running through a 2x12 made a huge difference to how easily heard I was.
honestly people overestimate the amount of wattage they need.
ive played a school auditorium which might be 300 people with a 15 watt spider, below 5 on the volume control. (k, im exaggerating, but not by much)
it sounded crap, cause it was a spider. but it was loud enough.
so to answer your question, yes. 18 watt tube > drums.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20