what do you guys think of the randall rx solid state half stack..worth looking at?

cuz i dont know if im up for the hassel of a tube....
Never played it but I've played a few Randall SS amps in the past and my opinion is they are pretty damn good... voiced more for heavier music but they don't sound bad for being SS.
I think they are decent practice amps but for the price of the halfstack there are much better options. Tubes aren't really much of a hassel, they just need to be replaced every once in a while. But if you really want a solid state you should try a roland cube
I leik music
you guys are totally gonna falme the hell outta me....

my price rang is about 900 bucks...i want a halfstack..need it for gigs...

tried bugera...it blew up on me..thinking about a b52 at half stack..but idk....just thought id look at all my options..even if they were solid state...ya know?
Quote by guitarockstar99
my price rang is about 900 bucks...i want a halfstack..need it for gigs...

You don't need a half stack for gigs - you can easily gig with a combo.

For $900 you can get an excellent combo - what genres are you playing/give some examples of bands who have a similar tone to what you're after. And are you willing to go used or does it have to be new?
willing to go used...something like..
a day to remember
killswitch engage
he is legend
...stuff like that...
used peavey 6505+, which is the same thing as the 5150 mk. II
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by guitarockstar99
can you post me a link to one of those ampeg's? i cant find one on any websites.....

There old and rare, but they pop up on ebay and other sites from time to time. You will just need to go out searching like the rest of us did.
yeah they pop up on ebayy... seriously a 5150 COMBO used on ebay is your best bet... i seriously doubt your playing an ampitheatre or something of the sort..
hah big ass huge churches...where theres a ton of floor space..and the sound change when you get about 50 feet away from the combo and it doesnt sound good....
what about the kirk hammet sig half stack?

i saw that one too what do you guys think about that one?
If YOU think it looks good, YOU try it and YOU make up your mind.

If you come here with any kind of SS halfstack, hell, most kinds of halfstack in mind, everyone will tell you "get a tube combo" when only YOU know what you need.

If you can't play either of the Randall stacks, look up some clips on youtube and make up your mind from there.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
the kirk hammet stack sounds like butt...

again 5150 TUBE COMBO will do you wonders... dont waste your money on some cheap SS halfstack.. sigh
Quote by guitarockstar99
what about the kirk hammet sig half stack?

i saw that one too what do you guys think about that one?

Even the $4 grand Kirk Hammet sig stack sounds horrible. Stay away from them like the plague...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Even the $4 grand Kirk Hammet sig stack sounds horrible. Stay away from them like the plague...

Dunno about the special edition but from what I've heard people love the KH modules, and I myself want one Randall MTS is the ****.

Randall RX half stack sounds awesome and is great for the money. Go for it if you've tried it, liked it, and want one.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
look used! we wont get into the tube/SS argument, but you could get alot for that 900 bucks. your at a church? dont they have a PA? so mic the damn thing up! who needs a half stack? People playing stadiums and outdoor ****..get a 100 watt combo and mic that bitch up. if you end up going SS youll have plenty of money left over for other **** too. dont just spend money to spend it.
Either get a valve combo or save for a valve head.
Solid state will sound poor loud anyway.
Seereeyuslee.
Admittedly heads are easier for gigs cos you can just take them and put them on the cabs that are already there... but SS is crap for loud and the entire guitar playing world knows it.
Quote by Shinozoku
Dunno about the special edition but from what I've heard people love the KH modules, and I myself want one Randall MTS is the ****.

Randall RX half stack sounds awesome and is great for the money. Go for it if you've tried it, liked it, and want one.

The modules don't have a $4,000 price tag lol. I love the MTS series as well, but really didnt like the Kirk setup, could have been a number of things but I was very unimpressed with it.
Quote by guitarockstar99
ok..i was looking at a 6505 combo for around 800........whats the diff between a 5150 and a 6505?

nothing, just new name because EVH left peavey and wanted his 5150 name
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808