I'm excellent at catching some of the more advanced scams, but I can find nothing wrong with this. However, I listed the iPod at 120, and this man is offering 600, so it sets my scam alert off. Could you tell me what you think?
Hello Seller,
I saw your item listed on the craigslist and I am interested in buying it for my son who studies abroad as his birthday gift.Due to the matter of urgency I am willing to offer you the sum of $600 for the payment and shipping of the item cuz this item will be shipped directly from you to my son's address via INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS MAIL(EMS)UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICES and I will be making my payment out to you via PayPal.PayPal is a method of payment in which buyers and sellers make and receive payments on auction and classified sites cuz its 100% safe and secure.Just log on to www.PayPal.com and sign up with them in order to receive your payment.Kindly get back at me asap with the present condition of this item and your PayPal email so that i can proceed to make payments.You can as well add me to your yahoo messenger so we can
chat.Hope you are a honest and reliable seller that I won't regret transacting business with.

Take care and hope to hear back from you asap

I do have a PayPal by the way, so I would be fine there.
Help?
EDIT: For the sake of knowledge
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/958208723.html
It IS a pretty cool iPod, amirite?
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Last edited by Konkordmusk at Dec 16, 2008,
very dodgy, i wouldnt go ahead with this if i were you

they will probably make you make a payment deposit over some weird website for the courier, and they'll run off with your moneys and your thing will get shipped to some random address
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
I thought the part where he explained PayPal was a bit odd, plus that much of a gross overpayment seems very fraudulent. I wouldn't do it.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
The fact it's written as if English isn't his first language should be a give away.

However you could make an account (not your main one), once you get his money transfer it out and wait for it to clear, then send the Ipod. The worst that will happen is he tries to complain to Paypal and get his money back, but aslong as it's no longer in the account he'll be pretty screwed
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I would check Paypal's website about scams using paypal. I was under the impression that paypal is pretty secure, and once you have your money you have it, but i agree that this reeks of trickery.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
I got a buyer on eBay a while ago.

I was given a new shipping address, to Nigeria.
They said they wouldn't send the money to my PayPal until I would get a tracking code given to me after I've given the item to the Post Office. They added more money to the item. But I didn't do it. lol
^^

people buying from nigeria are very often fraudulent things on ebay
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
How can you not tell it's a scam?

Who tells you what Paypal is when they offer you money?

Besides, it's the same template as those ones that say "I'll offer you 1500 because I'm buying it for a charity in Africa"
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
New video iPod = half of what he offered.
SCAM
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by PETERFKNPARKER
^^

people buying from nigeria are very often fraudulent things on ebay

Heh, the original buyer had Leicester address. But then I got 2 pushy emails urging me to send the thing out to this new address. lol

P.S. It was ALSO for a brother's birthday gift, btw.
Last edited by ctb at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by faultyy
The fact it's written as if English isn't his first language should be a give away.

Yep thats only a hefty 6 billion worldwide you absolutely can't trust
Quote by Roast Beef

It's worked pretty well for me so far, if only we had a way to mark out the English speaking ones too I'd be sorted
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by Roast Beef

You know more countries than England have English as their first language right?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
You know more countries than England have English as their first language right?

sure nuff yes i do sir

but if we are getting particular then countries don't have 'first' languages, they have 'official' and 'widely spoken' languages. English is an official language (business and government use) all over the place, but not nearly as many speak English in the home.

The figure may well be wrong anyway, just pulled it out of my ass