Page 1 of 2
why all of a sudden has it shot up to top spot in the top 100 tabs? past stairway?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Something about a major holiday in two weeks?

Nahhhh
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Stairway was at the top with like, nearly 4k ratings? How the hell did it get so popular?

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
...because it's a good song? And Jeff Buckley was an amazing musician? And it might possibly have something to do with the fact that it's Christmas time?
hallelujah is a christmas song?
how?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

It is a great song.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
it's being released as a single in the UK in the near future and a certain version is in the media atm so it's only natural that a song that's brought to the attention of the masses will be on the popular songs list.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
its coz of that chick that started singing it at all her shows and on today or some similar ****ty Australian morning show.

noobs with their chords
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Probably because many people want to learn it to play for their family/friends during Christmas, once again.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
X Factor is making the winner sing it, attempting to get an Xmas number 1 in the UK
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
You mean Hey There Delilah isn't #1?!?! /shock
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
It's not a Christmas song, but the term Hallelujah is typically common in Christianity, the religion with which Christmas is associated.
Because that pop band covered it and now everyone with 6 strings wants to play it.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
If only they realized the author is not a Christian.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
"Well i heard there was a secret chord,
that David played and it pleased the lord,
but you dont really care for music do ya?''
The top 100 works by how many visits the tab recieves in a certain period of time. So since christmas is next week, it reieved alot of views. And I think Everyone knows stairway to heaven by now hahah
I loved the Jeff Buckley version of the song now it's ruined forever.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If only they realized the author is not a Christian.

Leonard Cohen didn't/doesn't necessarily have to be Christian to write a song with Christian references/lyrics.
Quote by ASITHOS
Leonard Cohen didn't necessarily have to be Christian to write a song with Christian references/lyrics.
I see the Hallelujah as being more ironic than a Christian reference...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Just Andrew
I see the Hallelujah as being more ironic than a Christian reference...

Ironic or not, it still makes references
I like Nick Cave's Hallelujah
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Last edited by ExtremeMetalFTW at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by ASITHOS
Leonard Cohen didn't necessarily have to be Christian to write a song with Christian references/lyrics.

all the referenes are from the old testament.

it's technically jewish references.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
all the referenes are from the old testament.

it's technically jewish references.

So the Old Testament doesn't play a part in Christianity at all? Hmmm...
Quote by ASITHOS
Ironic or not, it still makes references

No, it makes references to the old testament. Because Cohen is Jewish.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by ASITHOS

well yes, but Christianity is based mostly on the New Testament.

So, since Cohen is jewish, he makes reference to judaism, not christianity
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ASITHOS

where did I say that?

It's far more relevant to judaism seeing as though christians have decided to pick and choose which parts suit them and it existed before christ. you know... that ever so slightly important ingredient in christianity?

Quote by element4433
Here...to stop people from attempting to throw their intellect around. The song makes Biblical references. Better all?
Quote by Lemoninfluence
where did I say that?

It's far more relevant to judaism seeing as though christians have decided to pick and choose which parts suit them and it existed before christ. you know... that ever so slightly ingredient in christianity?

Dude, I am not hardcore Christian in the least so you are in no way offending me
Quote by uctlaum01
Myles Kennedy's version FTW.

Plus seventeen trillion!
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012

talented handsome bastard!Jimmy Page said he was Page and Plant in one (yeah roll on the Zep bashing kids)
Leonard Cohen is an atheist jew, for some reason I doubt the song praises christianity, read I have not lingered in europeen monasteries and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.uitdragerij.nl/div/cohen_Ihavenotlingered.txt
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Last edited by dingmydong at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by dingmydong
Leonard Cohen is an atheist jew, for some reason I doubt the song praises christianity, read Ih ave not lingered in europeen monasteries and you'll see what I mean.

When he writes poetry about that place, it's all about how he wants some woman there that died or something.. I forget, I haven't read his poetry books in ages.
Quote by vintage x metal

Hallelujah for Xmas No 1

I really want Jeff Buckley to beat Leona Lewis' Hallelujah!
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
I like Nick Cave's Hallelujah

That song owns. Anyone who can put the lyric 'I passed a cow and the cow was brown' into a song and still tear at your heart must be God in disguise.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I got an invite on Facebook to campaign for him to make the no. 1 Christmas song or something, I declined. Hallelujah is an amazing song, but it's not the best of Grace.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I got an invite on Facebook to campaign for him to make the no. 1 Christmas song or something, I declined. Hallelujah is an amazing song, but it's not the best of Grace.

It's also not a Christmas song..

But I still agree with you. Lilac Wine shows off his pipes better, and So Real and Lover, You Should Have Come Over own the hell out of that song.
Quote by vintage x metal

x factor.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
Hallelujah for Xmas No 1

I really want Jeff Buckley to beat Leona Lewis' Hallelujah!

Alexandra Burke. Keep up!

EDIT: Just glanced at the other posts in the thread. The song's about sex.. listen to the lyrics. It has feck all to do with any religion
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Last edited by Domino at Dec 17, 2008,
Page 1 of 2