Hey everyone.
Okay. So I have a Fender Squire. Not the best guitar but whatever. Anyway, like two months ago, I was bored so I picked up my guitar (that I havent touched in a few months before this) and I plugged it into my amp and it wouldn't work. At first, I thought it was the amp so I played around with the volume and stuff. Still didn't work. Then I plugged in my brothers keyboard to the amp (Yamaha I believe...if that matters) and it worked except the sound was very low, even with the volume turned up. So I'm guessing the output jack on my guitar is broken. I've never had to get it fixed before, well except for having the strings replaced a bunch of times. How much would it cost to get it repaired?
From the sound of it you are having the same problem I did. The wiring has came loose and needs to be re-satured. (SP?)

My local guitar shop did it for 20 bucks... It hasn't messed up since.

Hope ya get it fixed!
You may want to check the volume knobs, if they're all the way on 0, it wont make noise lol. i know it sounds kinda stupid but that may be the solution.
Smart Pothead and Proud
perhaps its the cable? get a good cable before you start repairing
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
i have the same guitar and same problem (interesting enough).I got myne fixed about 2 months ago for FREE but only cuase i'm good friends with the store owners son, and he said it would be about 25$CD if I wasn't getting the free work done
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
Quote by 36mikeyb36
You may want to check the volume knobs, if they're all the way on 0, it wont make noise lol. i know it sounds kinda stupid but that may be the solution.

Haha! I just checked again and thats not it. Thanks anyway. And thanks srvguitarrulez.