Poll: Which to get
Poll Options
View poll results: Which to get
Gibson Flying V triple humbucker
36 71%
Reactivate my cell phone
15 29%
Voters: 51.
Pit I have 100$ I'm all done christmas shopping. Soo I have spending money, I know I didn't get a guitar, soooo I'm having internal conflict.

Reactivate my old cell phone

or

GIBSON FLYING V WITH 3 HUMBUCKERS

http://guitarnoize.com/images/blog/gibson_vfaded.jpg

Thats the Gibson

Poll coming
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
100$ and you hope to get a Gibson Flying V...
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Probably a Gibsun. Or something else that sounds like a cheap Chinese ripoff.
**** forgot to say, down payment on the Gibson
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by DirtyMakik
100$ and you hope to get a Gibson Flying V...

Ment to say downpayment
Quote by I.O.T.M
If you really want a Gibson...Get a Les Paul or an SG ...or maybe an Explorer.
But except if you want to be the rox0r poser, don't buy a V.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
If you really want a Gibson...Get a Les Paul or an SG ...or maybe an Explorer.
But except if you want to be the rox0r poser, don't buy a V.

I don't like LP's or SG's

They're WAAAY to stereotypical in my opinion, "I GOTS A GIBSON YO" "oh is it a les paul?" or "of is it an SG?"

ALL my friends have rip off SGs or LPs no one has a V

And this V is more affordable than an SG or LP, its 889$ and the cheapest SG is 1109$

If I wanted a Les Paul body I could get teh Melody maker that the store has thats 549$ but I'm really not crazy on the LP style body, looks pretty stupid in my opinion
Quote by I.O.T.M
Guitar
Duh
this is a guitar website after all
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by Lasyk
I don't like LP's or SG's

They're WAAAY to stereotypical in my opinion, "I GOTS A GIBSON YO" "oh is it a les paul?" or "of is it an SG?"

ALL my friends have rip off SGs or LPs no one has a V

And this V is more affordable than an SG or LP, its 889$ and the cheapest SG is 1109$

If I wanted a Les Paul body I could get teh Melody maker that the store has thats 549$ but I'm really not crazy on the LP style body, looks pretty stupid in my opinion

problem with a V: Can't play while in sitting position. Impossible not to scrap the paint on the ends. and I do think that "I GOTS A V-GUITAR YO" isn't much better. IMO Flying Vs are even more stereotype than SG/LP
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
its not like anyone wants to talk to you on the phone anyways...
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Oh Jesus Christ..I thought we were talking about some new technology guitar phone.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by DirtyMakik
problem with a V: Can't play while in sitting position.
Not true.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Impossible not to scrap the paint on the ends.

Not true.
Quote by DirtyMakik
and I do think that "I GOTS A V-GUITAR YO" isn't much better.

It's not worse either.
Quote by DirtyMakik
IMO Flying Vs are even more stereotype than SG/LP

Perhaps, but that's subjective.
Quote by DirtyMakik
problem with a V: Can't play while in sitting position. Impossible not to scrap the paint on the ends. and I do think that "I GOTS A V-GUITAR YO" isn't much better. IMO Flying Vs are even more stereotype than SG/LP

I was playing the guitar today at the guitar store sitting down, its REALLY easy and REALLY comfortable in my opinion.

Scraping paint, I can understand that, but what about teh cut aways on SGs? theyre really easy to chip up to seeing my friends guitars.

"I GOTS A V GUITAR" is really good where I live seeing that everyone I know has **** strat copies, and crappy ass les paul juniors.

Yea V's are stereotypical, but when most people hear GIBSON they think LES PAUL at least thats what everyone around here thinks when they hear GIBSON seeing as I metioned getting a Gibson to some of my friends and they ALL said OMG A LES PAUL?
Quote by I.O.T.M
Quote by xaviergray

It's funny because there's actually more than two guitar companies.

OMG RAELLEH

on a serious note, I know, I've done A LOT of looking around before I settled on teh gibson, I played fenders, Ibanez, Gretch, Jackson, EXPENSIVE Epiphones, B.C. Rich, Deans, Washburns and I couldn't find an ESP dealer close enough to home that I could get there by city bus

EDIT: But I did quite like this B.C. Rich V I tried, B.C. Rich Speed polar V, the guy from five finger death punch plays one. Saw him play one on their video on FPE-TV on youtube, its a really nice guitar, FAST neck.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Last edited by Lasyk at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by Lasyk
I was playing the guitar today at the guitar store sitting down, its REALLY easy and REALLY comfortable in my opinion.

Spanish style?

Quote by Lasyk
Scraping paint, I can understand that, but what about teh cut aways on SGs? theyre really easy to chip up to seeing my friends guitars.

You can always see he cutaways, but when you play it's really easy to forget them pointy sh*t and it ends up with big dings.

Quote by Lasyk
"I GOTS A V GUITAR" is really good where I live seeing that everyone I know has **** strat copies, and crappy ass les paul juniors.

But for the price there's alot better IMO.

Quote by Lasyk
Yea V's are stereotypical, but when most people hear GIBSON they think LES PAUL at least thats what everyone around here thinks when they hear GIBSON seeing as I metioned getting a Gibson to some of my friends and they ALL said OMG A LES PAUL?

As I said, you can get better, my friend's 600$ Hollow-body Ibanez pwns many Gibsons.

Quote by Pikka Bird
Not true. Do you own one?

Not true. Do you own one?

It's not worse either. V-Guitar sound like a racial slur to my ears.

Perhaps, but that's subjective. Read "IMO"

Bold parts.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Dec 16, 2008,
^Where?

DirtyMakik:

No, I don't own one, but I've tried a bunch, and it was quite easy to play sitting down. As you say- classical/Spanish position. No problem there.

About chipping the paint on the pointy ends- I'm pretty confident that I wouldn't do that, and I've seen plenty of Vs from the 80s and 90s that had the paint still on there.
V's are impossible to play sitting down. You have to put your strumming hand in a really whacky position.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by tancanada
V's are impossible to play sitting down. You have to put your strumming hand in a really whacky position.

Down your pants?
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
From what ive heard 3 humbuckers in a guitar sucks
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by xaviergray

It's funny because there's actually more than two guitar companies.

blasphemy!
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
i like the guitar, because out of all the guitar i try, this guitar is for me

i play guitar explorer but not explorer i think explorer is flaming maple and has a neck

gibson sucks on me knobz
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by zzeazz
Gibson For 100 Dollars?

Gibson = $100
Not reading thread = Priceless.