Page 1 of 2
Check this out; Seth McFarlane, the creator of family guy is creating a new show. I honestly think it will suck more then American Dad. It is a direct spin-off of family called 'The Cleveland show'. These characters look inspired!

I never really liked Family Guy, but i tolerated it. This though, is gonna suck dick. Discuss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cleveland_Show

EDIT:Whoops, spelled his name wrong in the title.
Last edited by bendystraw at Dec 16, 2008,
lol, that wee guy is the retarded guy from american dad.

The one where the boy gets shipped awa' to the mental aslyum in see the sea?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by boreamor
I don't like the idea frankly. Cleveland was the most boring character.

He was also the only one who got character development. His relationship with his wife was the only realistic one, but he was just on the show to be black. This reminds of Chocolate News and the awfulness from that.
The guy's name is Seth MacFarlane, not "Mcfarline".
Gear:

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss ME-20
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Washburn South Side Jr.
Dunlop Jazz III XL picks

R.I.P. Rick Wright
Old news is almost as bad as this meme.
They really don't have much to go with here. His basic character description is "dull," which is only really amusing when placed in an absurd situation, I.E. Arthur Dent in the Hitchhiker's books.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Wow, a sitcom about a family of five with an overweight father.

Never seen that one before.
Cleveland's neighbors also include a family of talking anthropomorphic bears

All I need to know, I shall be watching....
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by JRC7391
The guy's name is Seth MacFarlane, not "Mcfarline".

My bad.
you guys didn't hear about this?
it's old news.
It was actually "announced" about a month ago.
remember at the end of that episode where stewie traps quagmire and cleveland in the basement after being left home alone?
at the end, after reciting the last few lines of the "DirecTV Help Channel's" pre-recorded message cleveland asks quagmire "you hear i'm gettin a spin-off?"
but it replaces King of the Hill in the sunday "Animation Domination" lineup.
It leaves The Simpsons as the only Non-McFarlane produced show on the sunday night lineup.
KOTH remains syndicated on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming lineup starting January, according to various advertising "bumps" on Adult Swim.
Quote by Cyanide176
American dad dosent suck

We're not here to discus that, just how bad this will be.

Quote by uberdude007
you guys didn't hear about this?
it's old news.
It was actually "announced" about a month ago.
remember at the end of that episode where stewie traps quagmire and cleveland in the basement after being left home alone?
at the end, after reciting the last few lines of the "DirecTV Help Channel's" pre-recorded message cleveland asks quagmire "you hear i'm gettin a spin-off?"
but it replaces King of the Hill in the sunday "Animation Domination" lineup.
It leaves The Simpsons as the only Non-McFarlane produced show on the sunday night lineup.
KOTH remains syndicated on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming lineup starting January, according to various advertising "bumps" on Adult Swim.

Neat, free-verse poetry. Searchbar didn't turn up anything.
I hope its racist to the max, i love it when family is racist. just the complete shock factor of it and no one complains!
Wheres cleveland jr?
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
Quote by Cyanide176
American dad dosent suck

I'm with this person
Quote by GnR_ROK
Words for describing the ladies subtly

Damage - bit of alright
Major damage - bloody fit
Damage has been done - older fit bird
minor damage - fit but you would be arrested for it
collateral damage - ugly bird with fit mates
Quote by dubstar92
All I need to know, I shall be watching....

You better think twice.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Im only going to watch it since Bears are his next door neighbors.
www.myspace.com/thepressmen
Check it out! If you do listen, ignore the bass playing on the songs. I recorded them when i was alot worse then i am now.

Quote by isildurs_bane
This is the pit. People will fight to the death about their favorite colour.
Quote by boreamor
I don't like the idea frankly. Cleveland was the most boring character.

And the most annoying voice ever.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Cyanide176
American dad dosent suck

But it is very generic. The characters are almost identical to Family Guy's and Family Guy was more of an edgier Simpsons. The fact that Seth made the show just like Family Guy made it seem like a rushed project for a quick buck. Sorry to make fun of what you like, but it is really an uninteresting show to me.
if he did anything he should have made it about Quagmire...at least Quagmire gives a laugh or two.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I actually liked Family Guy.

American Dad was pretty lame.

This is just utter sh*t.

has no signature.
Whats sad is american dad has actually had better storylines lately than family guy.

Seth just got signed by fox for some crazy amount of cash to stay on for at least 5 years. Im pretty sure it was $100+ million. Of course fox is the only network that CONSISTANTLY runs a great show and milks it for all its worth until it crashes and burns horribly. The GM of TV you could say.

Seth does 3 shows now, with most of the characters voices belonging to him, so hes got job security, but him being so busy deffinatly shows in the quality lately. Family Guy has started to suck, american dad, which i used to hate, is somehow funnier every couple of episodes, and this new ones just going to suck period.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by Waterboy799
if he did anything he should have made it about Quagmire...at least Quagmire gives a laugh or two.

The writers would quit if they needed to write 11 "Giggity Giggiety"s each week. Quagmire is good for a quick gag or sub-plot, not a feature length show.
Quote by kaosfire

Seth just got signed by fox for some crazy amount of cash to stay on for at least 5 years. Im pretty sure it was $100+ million. Of course fox is the only network that CONSISTANTLY runs a great show and milks it for all its worth until it crashes and burns horribly. The GM of TV you could say.

Well for sake of example, look at the Simpsons. At its prime, it was unarguably fantastic. Now it sucks due to Fox milking (the movie).
Last edited by bendystraw at Dec 16, 2008,
lol, what happened to his old family?

The wife doesn't look like Loretta and the son wasn't enormous. And where did the other two come from? I bet this doesn't last more than 1 month.
Signature temporarily empty
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
lol, what happened to his old family?

The wife doesn't look like Loretta and the son wasn't enormous. And where did the other two come from? I bet this doesn't last more than 1 month.

I'm guessing you didn't read the article...
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I'd watch it.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Quote by bendystraw
The writers would quit if they needed to write 11 "Giggity Giggiety"s each week. Quagmire is good for a quick gag or sub-plot, not a feature length show.

i find him funnier than Cleveland.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by bendystraw

Well for sake of example, look at the Simpsons. At its prime, it was unarguably fantastic. Now it sucks due to Fox milking (the movie).

Exactly my point. Im a devoted fan and watch every week, but i miss the days with the truly witty comedy that came from the simpsons. Its still funny, but its just....not the same. You can tell its the show that they keep because the brand is so strong.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

everything seth has done outside of family guy has sucked really hard, and even family guy is sucking latley
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
This is terrible. They are canceling King of the Hill (One of my favourite shows). Just for a stupid spin-off which will take Cleveland out of Family Guy.

Seth MacFarlane has really fucked up this time.

In my opinion, Family Guy has been going downhill while American Dad is going up.
██████████████████████████████
Cleveland is my favorite Family Guy character, so that makes this seem like it would be better.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Page 1 of 2