Ok so this is one of my earlyer songs, just would like to know what you guys think.

any tips as to my song wrighting and playing??

As u will be able to tell this song was heavily influenced by lamb of god, or testament, what ever way u look at it.

cheers james.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/wozzsta/music/all/play229518

called Depths of Hell, final full mix!
Last edited by wozzsta at Apr 26, 2009,
Thats a killer tune you got there man. The drums really accent the riffs and bring them alive.
The only complaint i have is that the vocals seem to far in front of everything else. The instruments seem turned down when they come in.
Still, its pretty well done. I can definitely heaar the Testament influences.
C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1023065
good composition, the vocals are too muddy. Im a fan of growling and screaming too, its not just a taste thing
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by RHDIII
the vocals are too muddy

Voice needs a lil more distortion (mic thru amp helps) Guitars great, double bass = brutal. I'd put a breakdown in, if you're into that sorta thing.
you should pass the riffs to slayer great riffs and playing. vocal mic is very roomy..record under a blanket, use stockings and broken drum sticks or something as a mic shield (avoiding pops) and use antares mic modler to get an expensive mic sound.

are you using cubase? i could put down some dave lombardo style drums on superior drummer2.0 for you.
i didnt record the vocals myself, member renka did.

i dont have the master track anymore , so the song is how it is now, which kinda sucks, cauze it would be cool to do some new stuff with it.

i guess i could re-record it tho.

and i have cubase but i didnt use it for this i used tracktion 2
it was very well recorded, the guitars have a really nice sound to them, the vocals seem a bit distant, you should try using different setting when you record them to bring them out better
otherwise it's pretty well composed
Check out and rate my songs in my profile if you have a moment to spare
All my Songs are Rock Influenced