Ok ive just taken out the stock EMG-81s of my LTD v-500. I planned on putting in an sh6 and an sh1. I just realized, the emgs use 25k pots right? and passives need 250k - 500k correct? I ask this because ive wired it up and i have no sound, and i couldnt figure out if i wired it wrong or something and i just remembered about the different impedence.
I believe you are right about the impedance. I read somewhere that if you used the same pots for actives as for passives they would be ridiculously loud.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
will it originally had actives and i want to put passives. i just wanna know if the reason why there is no sound are the pots or my ****ty soldering
probably the pots. My Schecter has passives in it and it uses 500k pots so you'll probably need to switch those out.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
that kinda sucks for you. pots aren't that expensive though are they?
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
no i just wanted to play today. im gonna have to go to the store tomorrow. So for passive 250-500k correct? what is the difference between them?
250 is normally used for single coil
500 is normally used to humbuckers.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
250k aren't as bright as 500k so if your guitar is all maple for instance, then 250k is good because maple is very bright wood and if your guitar is all mahogany then 500k is good as it will brighten the dark sounding wood.....of course most people like the dark bottom of mahogany so go with 500k.

if you have no sound then it will be your wiring....EMG's usually have a jack that switches the P/ups off when your unplug it so you may need to change that or rewire it
well i unsoldered the part of the jack that usually goes to the batteries and i soldered it to the ground on the jack.