Hey guys just joined (:.

Iv kind of teached my self to play guitar for about a year by using guitarpro. Iv just kinda got some songs that i like and learned them, Stuff from Blink 182 to Metallica.

I can play most of metallica song but cant play the solo's. I just wanted to ask if im getting my technique right, because i use only three fingers (also for small powercords (powercords with only 2 notes)). Because when i see videos of players, they all use four fingers and seem to be using there forth finger more than there third.

Im just worried that im getting to used to my technique, that it will be almost impossable to get used to the right way.
If there are any songs witch use alot of the forth finger ect.

Anyway i hope this forum will help (: thanks.
I'm not an immense guitarist, but when i only used 3 fingers, i found it almost imposible to play the harder stuff.

My teacher told me to use my 4th finger, it took a while to get used to it, but when you do, you will be grateful that you spent the time learning how to use it.
You should be using your pinky more than your ring, you should do spider exercises to fix this.
well in my personal opinion your techinique shouldnt hinder you, i have massive hands, so i can play most chord shapes and make most stretches without my 4 finger, however when you get to it, you are going to need it for accessability and ability for soloing, most solos simply can not be done with only 3 fingers haha
hope this helps at all
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
Quote by Batvanvaiych
well in my personal opinion your techinique shouldnt hinder you, i have massive hands, so i can play most chord shapes and make most stretches without my 4 finger, however when you get to it, you are going to need it for accessability and ability for soloing, most solos simply can not be done with only 3 fingers haha
hope this helps at all

I have huge hands to :P i think its part of the proplem :P.

Any links to these exercises?

thanks.