Just curious; I'm considering putting black hardware on my SG (I like the look better... cherry with black hardware/pickguard.. mmm)

so.. yeah, any advice?
Gear:
Schecter Stiletto Custom-5
Epiphone SG; EMG 85/81 pups
Schecter 006 Deluxe; SD Duncan Distortion Pups
I think the consensus is that GFS hardware quality is spotty at best
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
I've heard good things about their pickups, but as the guy above me said, as far as hardware goes... Well, you get what you pay for, and they're awfully cheap
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
As for a stop piece the GFS one isnt much less than a gotoh one so be hard for em to screw that up. A cheaper bridge might be made of softer materials and not hold up as long or they may have cut corners on the black coating and it comes off fast dont know.
from what i hear, the quality control on their hardware is not so great (understatement) Their pickups are amazing for the price though
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
from what i hear, the quality control on their hardware is not so great (understatement) Their pickups are amazing for the price though

I bought a vintage-style tremolo bridge (the drop in for U.S. happened to have the right screw spacing) and it's as good as any vintage trem I've ever seen. Since it's a cheap guitar I'm putting together, I figured I couldn't go wrong for $35 and I was really impressed when it arrived. What hardware do they make that's so bad?
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer