Hey I only get fret buzz on the 5th - 21st frets. Starts out on only one string but as I move up to the 11th and 14th frets pretty much every string except the high e buzzes like crazy. The high e is pretty much unaffected the whole time, while the middle strings get it the worst and the low E is beyond bad. I normally have the action way too high in order to fix this problem, and i even went as far as to bend the neck. doesnt really help. What would be the BEST professional help to get in Georgia? The main ones i know are guitar center and ken stanton, but there isnt a guitarcenter very close to me. Also, about what price would it be and how long would it take? i just want my action to be low, like a hagstrom or ibanez. It's the ONLY complaint a have with my guitar, so it would be nice to finish off fixing up an originally ****ty ass Squier. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
: how old are your strings?
maybe your truss rod isnt set right?
And there could be action problems.
Maybe you need new frets? not sure about that one
have you ever gotten that guitar of yours set up?
and squier with EMGs=baddass
your action is too low. If you can't get a good compromise between bridge height and neck relief to clear the frets, your guitar may have a loose fret or two or be in need of some 'fall away' in the higher frets. Take it to a proper luthier/repairer and they'll be able to help, otherwise i'd just keep making small neck adjustments and fidding with the bridge (small turns make a big diff and you'll find with each adjustment diff strings will buzz in diff places, so just to adjust, be systematic, and try and minimise the buzzing).
Since it's a squire the frets were most likely never properly dressed and there are probably a few uneven or maybe even lose ones on your board.Also,depending on the guitars age,it may be fret wear too.Inspect your frets closely,if you see any grooves or gouges or a certain fret that's higher than or misaligned with the others then you should take it to a tech or luth to have them leveled,crowned,and polished.Poor fret dressing/condition is the reason why 99% of cheaper or older guitars buzz,I should know,3 of mine have it from being old as ****.

But you have to ask yourself,is paying for a fret dress worth it to you on a squire?

I'm not 100% sure but depending on the person that does it the process can almost equal the cost of a squire.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

click the green link in my sig.

measure your necks relief (first post), then post back, tell me what it shows.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011