I am kind of a noob at recording. All I have is Cubase 4 on my computer and an off brand dynamic microphone. Although I have been taking a recording studio class at my college I am still pretty sketchy on a lot of stuff. I have experimented with a lot of stuff on Cubase and I have figured out a lot which is actually getting me excited. My friend, who is a drummer, mentioned that he is going to get a set of drum mics and, since I am taking the class, wanted to know if I could record him. Now, I have been recording with my one microphone by plugging it into the one mic input of my computer. How am I going to record up to possibly 7 microphones? I know that mixers have several mic inputs but am I going to be forced to get a mixer?

Thanks.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
I would think you would need a mixer, or an audio interface with enough inputs for all the mics.
you need a mixer or some sort of interface with multiple inputs. the way you are recording right now is not optimal, a mic to a computer's input is bad because computers have bad preamps and stuff.. get an external interface, and if the interface only has one input, get a mixer to hook up to it.
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by c21vin
I would think you would need a mixer, or an audio interface with enough inputs for all the mics.

+1
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
yeah just look for a mixer, you can find some pretty decent ones for under $100 online
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
You will need an interface. One with 8 inputs will do the job and some for drums. Probably 4-7 mics depending on the quality you are going for. The software you have will allow you o mix so you don't really need a mixer. Check out the presonus FP10 (Firepod)
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off