Alright, so I'm an idiot, and I accidently put a dent in the nice gloss finish of my guitar.

The wood itself doesn't seem to have been dented into, or possibly even the paintjob itself, but there is now a small area with "cracks" in the clear gloss finish.

Is there any way to fix these?
Was it the ESP?

I hear it's not worth fixing, because you have to sand the part with the dent then refinish.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Was it the ESP?

I hear it's not worth fixing, because you have to sand the part with the dent then refinish.

Yes.

and fuck.
Quote by Delanoir
Yes.

and fuck.

That second sentence is just hearsay... hopefully I'm wrong.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Thanks I can only hope.

I would imagine it would have to be possible to just finely sand down where the damage to the gloss is, and carefully apply more over that?
If you really care about it, maybe a fancy ESP dealer can get it repaired for it, might cost a little though... Depends how visible it is, pics?
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I'll have to bring to an ESP dealer like you said, and see what they say.

Let me try and take a pic of it.

EDIT: Okay, the quality of the pic is horrible, but here we go. It also really isn't as visible or bad as it looks here, the flash just aggravates it. You can't even really see it unless you get pretty close. But I still notice it, of course.

You can't see it, but it goes a tiny bit into the white, as well.
Last edited by Delanoir at Dec 16, 2008,
I don't think there's even one person (who is a regular guitar player) that does not have flaws on their guitars from normal wear and accidents. I say don't worry about it chap
i'm having trouble seeing it - is it the grey area to the right of the strap button?

If so, it does look like you could get away with sanding back the finish and reapplying some laquerwill do the trick

I'm no expert tho - close this thread and repost in the grea building and customising forum - you should get the help you need there man
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Hell dont worry about it, Guitars get beat up. All the little nicks and marks and scratches make it yours. Have you ever seen SRV's old strat? Or EVH's original Frankenstein guitar? I say dont worry about it unless you are gonna hang it on the wall and look at it.