|------------------| <this much
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
Quote by mashedpotatoes
ALL OF IT!!! Take it in like those green beans.

what if you hate greenbeans
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
How much theory you know to get a handle on music, is really up to you. I mean, it's good to have basic knowledge of it, but after that, you decide what you want to learn. Personally, I think the more theory you know, the better. Now, I don't know a whole lot, but I'd like to know more. Some would say that it dampens your creativity, but it actually helps you. Creativity and Theory complement each other. With both of these tools, you can do amazing things in music.
Quote by lzfan933
How much theory is enough to have a good handle on music?
Completely depends on what you want out of music and what you want to do with music. If you tell me what you're expecting to do with music, I may be able to tell you what you might need to know.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by demonofthenight
Completely depends on what you want out of music and what you want to do with music. If you tell me what you're expecting to do with music, I may be able to tell you what you might need to know.

Exactemento.

I can learn how to fly space shuttles, but if I never will fly one, it's quite useless.

If you however have the mindset of learning as much as possible in music. Then you probably wouldn't have asked this question, since the search for theory is it's answer.

Unless you aren't familiar with the word musictheory, or don't understand that musictheory is related to music, then I can understand ur question.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Dec 17, 2008,