so i just came across a randall RG-50 112 for $140....

it says its in working order, comes with a footswitch, and doesnt look too beat up, im guessing its around 5 years old....

should i get it?

currently all i have is two 15 watt fender frontman amps
seems like a decent price. i just saw one for 240 online, so it cant be all bad. i say go for it. i find that gigs look better with older, beat up equipment anyway
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
Can you look at it/play it first?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
yea i just have to get ahold of the person selling it...

im sure ill be able to come play it and look it over,

my main concern is how much longer this amp will last, because i dont know much about this brand i dont know if its gunna break down right away, and is the RG-50 112 a tube amp or what?
It's a SS amp, but Randall generally make solid amps. You'll need to give it a thorough lookover though.

One other question; what styles do you play? Because if you're into jazz and blues, there's not much point because it is a high gain SS amp that doesn't have much clean headroom.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Last edited by shadow__666 at Dec 17, 2008,