I am getting a whammy pedal for christmas and i do know about pedal ordering. however, i am a bit confused as to what a whammy counts as and where it should go in my chain.

THANKS
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
Whammy should be the first thing after your guitar.

But what do you play? Because unless you're experimentally minded or play in a Rage Against The Machine/White Stripes/Muse/Radiohead/shoegaze cover band, they aren't really worth it as they can be a bit of an expensive toy.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
well i find that if I place my whammy pedal after my wha pedal you can get some really really awesome tones....if you put it after a distortion you can get an octave distortion up or down.....its really whether or not you would like it to complety make your other effects outrageous when you use them or not.
This is a G chord....i used to be in a cranberries tribute band.
Most people put it right before anything in the chain, I like it as the last thing in the chain.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
i like to make crazy sounds and my lead style is heavily influenced by jack white (Gay for minimalism)
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
Then you're gonna love it. I have a 2nd generation model, and it's probably the second most used pedal in my chain behind my Big Muff.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales