I know its not that big of a deal to you guys....but it definately is to me.

I just figured out (dont laugh, its pathetic i know) that my stratocaster was mexican and that my ibanez is made out of some wood ive never even heard of........

At least mah alvarez is 100% american and made of wood ive heard of lol....
lol so whats the point of this thread?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Theres nothing wrong with a mexican stratocaster. They're quite good.

What wood is your ibanez made of?
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
LaWlS THaTs So0 MuCHs FuNyieZ

...reported
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
mexican made strats are good.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I loved the mexican strat i had, it was nice. Whats the difference? Half the stuff made in america is made by mexicans as well. So no difference between made in america by mexicans or made in mexico by mexicans. The main difference is the choice of woods and hardware. What wood is your ibanez made of anyway? Does it really matter? If you cared so much you would of known these things before you bought your guitars. Did you like your guitars before you found these things out? Well they are still the same guitars buddy. I think you are a little bit too worried about the status thing. Just play your guitars and dont worry about it.
Last edited by IPlaySchecter at Dec 16, 2008,
the ibanez is mae out a wood called cordia. I guess im jsut freaking out because i never even bothered to check my own freaking guitars. Considering i started playing got my stratocaster at age 8, i didnt know guitars were made out of different wood back then lol.

I didnt ask because i (rather foolishly) thought the wood made no difference in sound. I only recently made such a fuss in the acoustic forum because since my ibanez i realized wood is crucial to sound and quality, so i made sure i got a mahogany guitar because they have some of the best sound IMO.
Last edited by Dragon05555 at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by Dragon05555
the ibanez is mae out a wood called cordia. I guess im jsut freaking out because i never even bothered to check my own freaking guitars. Considering i started playing guitars at age 7, and got my srat at 8, would have asked then

Why are you freaking out about it? Do they sound good and play good? Thats all that matters. Let the damn status thing go.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Why are you freaking out about it? Do they sound good and play good? Thats all that matters. Let the damn status thing go.

was on the phone and typed like the polar opposite of what i meant, just changed it.

Im just weirded out by how i always thought my strat was american, after having owned it for x amount of years and jsut now realizing is really weird, but wont affect anything. Sorry for the metaphor, but i guess its like discovering your best friend was adopted about 5 years into your friendship, lol.
Quote by Dragon05555
was on the phone and typed like the polar opposite of what i meant, just changed it.

Im just weirded out by how i always thought my strat was american, after having owned it for x amount of years and jsut now realizing is really weird, but wont affect anything. Sorry for the metaphor, but i guess its like discovering your best friend was adopted about 5 years into your friendship, lol.

So youve had this strat for this many years, and the words on the headstock MADE IN MEXICO never tipped you off that it was a mexican strat? Thats absolutely amazing!
Mexican strats are great for the money. Unless you paid over $400 for yours, idk why you're upset.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
So youve had this strat for this many years, and the words on the headstock MADE IN MEXICO never tipped you off that it was a mexican strat? Thats absolutely amazing!

ahahaha
Quote by IPlaySchecter
EXACTALLY! Something is just not right here, there is SUM-TING-WONG!

Unless he's got a fake Strat that doesn't have the Fender decal saying "Made in Mexico", it's really hard to miss something like this.
Quote by jimithrash
op is a racist ****
thinks all mexicans are good for are pretty women and tacos
naughty.

He never implied that he "thinks all mexicans are good for are pretty women and tacos".
Maybe someone else is a racist ****.
Quote by kurney
He never implied that he "thinks all mexicans are good for are pretty women and tacos".

well "I just figured out (dont laugh, its pathetic i know) that my stratocaster was mexican" could imply some kind of anti-mexican attitude, but the way i read it was "i just found out my strat is a cheaper model than i thought it was".

but never mind that- the mexican fenders are pretty good instruments. especially the older ones (my 2002 strat is simply brilliant!)
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Dec 17, 2008,
I loved the mexican strat so much (i had) that i sold it! Not because it was a mexican strat though, it was actually a way nice guitar. But i am a humbucker guy!
Quote by kurney

OK, So they invented burritos as well.
Your Ibanez is probably made out of either basswood or mahogony.
Theres nothing wrong with a mexican strat you redneck
Quote by Zanon
Your Ibanez is probably made out of either basswood or mahogony.
Theres nothing wrong with a mexican strat you redneck

Who are you calling a redneck exactally?
Quote by IPlaySchecter

HA apparently he isnt very observant. i would rather have a jap or mexi strat..its the same ****ing thing for half the price....and like it should matter its a guitar. if you never noticed that it was mexican just pretend its american. if you would have just stay ignorant you wouldnt have anythign to be worried about

oh and this thread really has to be a joke...you really must not pay attention to ****
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
HA apparently he isnt very observant. i would rather have a jap or mexi strat..its the same ****ing thing for half the price....and like it should matter its a guitar. if you never noticed that it was mexican just pretend its american. if you would have just stay ignorant you wouldnt have anythign to be worried about

oh and this thread really has to be a joke...you really must not pay attention to ****

AGREED! its a damn funny joke though! Maybe this guy ought to sell his guitars and buy guitar hero! iF HE REALLY OWNS ANY GUITARS AT ALL.