I am looking for a guitar that would be good for tuning down to drop A# (A# F A# D# G C). I have been through a few guitars trying that tuning but the action is always too high. Does anyone have any suggestions? (or a way to remedy that) The only thing I really don't want is a wilkinson or floyd rose trem and it not to be too metal looking (i.e. b.c. rich or dean). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I forgot: my price range is up to $1000.00 and I would probably buy used.
ibanez
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
not Ibanez, Schecter Hellraisers are good for this stuff.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Have you thought of looking into a baritone guitar?

Yes, but I have been having a lot of trouble finding one to try. What baritone would you recommend? Do they sound a lot different from a standard guitar?
I'm guessing this is barring seven stringers by the looks of the tuning...

Schecter C-1 EX Blackjack is the only one that comes to mind. I know Ibanez has the MM1 too... but the sustain blows on those.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
wow that's ridiculous. why not a seven string? If not your best bet is a baritone
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
I've got a baritone jaguar. It works great for slow sludgey-droney stuff, but for shredding i don't think it would be that great.

It's not any different from a normal guitar besides the 27" scale.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by endless_fight1
wow that's ridiculous. why not a seven string? If not your best bet is a baritone

I tried a couple of seven strings and I just don't really like the feel of them.
Any guitar can go to A#, you just have to adjust the action and probably your truss rod.
So? This is simple:

Buy 6 string baritone guitar.

Cut open pack of 7 strings

use bottom 6 of 7 strings

tune down.

Done.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by tigerking615
Any guitar can go to A#, you just have to adjust the action and probably your truss rod.

Once the action gets to a certain lowness it just start buzzing and sounding like dog farts.
Quote by iangunz
Once the action gets to a certain lowness it just start buzzing and sounding like dog farts.

Not sure what you mean. If it's too low, can't you just raise it up?
Quote by tigerking615
Not sure what you mean. If it's too low, can't you just raise it up?

That's why I'm looking for a guitar to tune that way where the action is low and it doesn't buzz.
Quote by iangunz
That's why I'm looking for a guitar to tune that way where the action is low and it doesn't buzz.

Well you are adjusting the truss rod right? RIGHT??
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
Quote by endless_fight1
Well you are adjusting the truss rod right? RIGHT??

Yes I am adjusting the truss rod.
Use a pack of seven strings, it starts at B and goes up. Its simple, they are really tight to begin with.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I've got the Schecter C-1 EX Baritone, its great for all the low stuff and I even take it up to D-Standard occasionally, but stuff like drop A#/Bb like you mentioned would work really well on that guitar, especially with the proper gauge of strings.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
I've got the Schecter C-1 EX Baritone, its great for all the low stuff and I even take it up to D-Standard occasionally, but stuff like drop A#/Bb like you mentioned would work really well on that guitar, especially with the proper gauge of strings.

Cool, thanks, I'll check one of those out.
I also use a 26.5" scale Schecter Hellraiser, and can go down to drop G. It is a seven string, but a Baritone should have the same scale length.

You can get any guitar to tune that low. It is just a matter of adjusting the action, truss rod, and playing the right gauge of strings. For A or A# I play a .060 in. string. GHS puts out a 10-60 set that would likely work for you.

Fernandez also does some amazing things with Baritone guitars. I would look into that as well, though I have not played one.
My friends: myspace.com/layinruins....play in A, I think.

Check their pics, they use Ibanez and Shecter. They recorded with that as well.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.