Hey everyone.

I've had the same Washburn electric guitar for over 5 years now... and I believe it's time for me to pick up a new guitar.

The problem that I'm facing, however, is that I have very little money at the moment. Upon browsing Jackson's website, I came across the Jackson Kelly JS30KE. It has a great look to it, and it got pretty good reviews from what I saw.

What confuses me is the price difference from Jackson's JS series compared to their other guitars. A Kelly JS30KE goes for only $300, while Jackson's other Kelly goes for something like $700- and they both seem to have similar specs.

Jackson says that the JS series is good for beginners... I would call myself intermediate. But what makes the JS series better for beginners than, say, their other two Kelly's? Is any quality sacrificed?

If anyone on here has owned a Kelly, or are familiar with them, please give me your opinion on the matter. Should I get the JS Kelly or would it be worth it to try and save up for one of the other two Kelleys?

Or alternatively, is there a better guitar that I could get for around the same price range?

Thanks.
js has less quality materials and is made of cheap stuff while the KE3 is made of great woods and realy goood hardware, hence almost the 2x price
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
It's just cheaper. Get a KE3, or any of their Japanese guitars. Very good intermediate guitars. I have a DK2 and a KE3, and I've been playing for 6 years now. Can't complain about anything.

They improved the pickups and the tremolos on the new models too. Now they have real Floyd Roses and Seymour Duncan pickups.
Quote by AzureNight
It's just cheaper. Get a KE3, or any of their Japanese guitars. Very good intermediate guitars. I have a DK2 and a KE3, and I've been playing for 6 years now. Can't complain about anything.

They improved the pickups and the tremolos on the new models too. Now they have real Floyd Roses and Seymour Duncan pickups.

Yeah, I saw that they had put Seymour Duncan's on 'em. That's really nice... but I wonder if it would be cheaper to buy some Seymour Duncans myself and put them onto the JS Kelly?

The KE3 is a really nice guitar, though. I love that "Skulls" paint job that's available for it.
I never had a KE3, but i have the jsrr30 (rhoads)
basically the same with a different shape.
I love that thing, lasted 3 years now, only problem is that a soldering has fallen loose once, and I broke the top two tuning machines off (got pissed, threw it) but it still plays great!
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)