Now I'm a while away from this purchase, but I was going to blow off studying for finals and go test out some good tube amps. I need suggestions.

I have an ltd ec-1000

My budget's about 600 US, maybe a little more.
I play anywhere from State Radio to metalcore and pantera and although the emg's don't help, I need good cleans, which I've done before with my ec-1000, but definitely not on the 30W spider I own.

I was thinking a bugera 333XL, but any other ideas?

Combo or stack I don't care.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
carvin v3 is a bit over 600 but its an amazing amp. or if you could find a used jcm900 and throw a pedal in front like a tube screamer would be badass
I've got a Crate Vintage Club. That amp has a lot of gain to it when an overdrive pedal is in front of it, but it has a great warm clean sound. They discontinued that line, but sell that amp design in their V series now I think. Also Peavey has some good Tube amps that are cheaper than Marshall's or Mesa Boogie.
Randall RG50TC sounds right up your alley. Also check out a B-52, although their reliability is iffy.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Randall RG50TC, Bugera, B-52 - all worth checking out if they sell them at your local shop... there have been a few reliability complaints about Burgeras and B-52s but they are definitely still worth checking out.
Quote by shadow__666
Randall RG50TC sounds right up your alley. Also check out a B-52, although their reliability is iffy.

Is the randall loud enough to gig with?
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Definitely, unless you're playing to a few thousand people. You should have a PA for most gigs anyway.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Actually... Every review of the randall has just been terrible... Any other suggestions?
Quote by mountain2012

Gear:

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
bump
Quote by mountain2012

Gear:

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1