So i'm eagerly awaiting December 25th because my girlfriend bought me a Line6 Toneport UX2. Say what you will about it, i had time to properly **** around with one, and i think it is an awesome machine.

My question is, out of the two software versions that come with the TonePort series, which is better, the Gearbox or the Podfarm? I got the toneport that comes with the original GearBox, but you can download the PodFarm for free on the line6 site and its basically just an update, but apparantly some features have changed alot and such.

so to you people who have tried them, should i stick with the GearBox or update to the Podfarm?

thanks,
-chris-
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
I've been using Gearbox for over three years now and love it.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
nahh, i've looked into it. the blacked case toneport is exactly the same as the red cased one. no difference at all except for the colour. The only real difference is the software it comes with.

This is why when you have a serial number for Gearbox, Line6 lets you download Pod Farm for free.

-chris-
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
Try looking out for guitar rig. The ux is just an interface so you can use it for guitar rig.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

The main difference is the way it looks, that and you can "dual rig" so you can use 2 amp models at the same time. I'm using podfarm now out of preference but still have gearbox installed so can always alter between the two.