Hey there everyone! I found this really sick looking guitar called the OLP McSwain, that is on sale for around 300 bucks. It's a really killer looking guitar, but for the price, I'm not sure if it's all worth the money. Any of you have some experience with this guitar?

Body Basswood body w/ industrial look distressed metal top
Controls 1 Volume, 1 Tone, Pickup Selection Switch, Real light up industrial style gauge
Fingerboard Rosewood
Frets 22 Jumbo Frets
Inlays Screw Head Inlays
Neck Joint Bolt-On
Neck Material North American Maple
Pickguard None
Pickups 2 OLP PAF-style exposed pole pickups
Scale 24 3/4"

The one I found for sale is different though, it's had some 'significant upgrades' such as a Seymour Duncan SH-5 in the bridge and Planet Waves 'Auto Trim' tuners.

Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
It looks cool, but i wouldnt buy on looks alone. If possible play it and see how it is. Isnt OLP a division of Music Man? Kind of like how LTD is to ESP? Or how Epiphone is to Gibson?
Last edited by IPlaySchecter at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by IPlaySchecter
It looks cool, but i wouldnt buy on looks alone. If possible play it and see how it is. Isnt OLP a division of Music Man? Kind of like how LTD is to ESP? Or how Epiphone is to Gibson?

I was definetely planning on trying it out first, but it isn't going to be my main guitar by any means. I just want a new guitar that's pretty cheap
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by bluezombie
I was definetely planning on trying it out first, but it isn't going to be my main guitar by any means. I just want a new guitar that's pretty cheap

The Duncan pups and the PW tuners alone make it worth buying i think. Its only 300 bucks. I say go for it. If it sucks you can always strip all the good parts off of it and smash the **** out of it! LMFAO
Quote by IPlaySchecter
The Duncan pups and the PW tuners alone make it worth buying i think. Its only 300 bucks. I say go for it. If it sucks you can always strip all the good parts off of it and smash the **** out of it! LMFAO

haha yeah, worse comes to worse I'll just use it for my upcoming band photoshoot to have a cool looking guitar in the shot
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by bluezombie
haha yeah, worse comes to worse I'll just use it for my upcoming band photoshoot to have a cool looking guitar in the shot

That works! I hope it turns out to be a good player! I love the way it looks! Rock On!
Quote by IPlaySchecter
That works! I hope it turns out to be a good player! I love the way it looks! Rock On!

Thank you man! Also, that 'smash the **** out of it' idea is pretty interesting

Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by bluezombie
Thank you man! Also, that 'smash the **** out of it' idea is pretty interesting

Its too cool looking to smash. If it sucks, take the good parts out of it and hang it on the wall. Or put some cheap parts off of another guitar in it and resale it.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Its too cool looking to smash. If it sucks, take the good parts out of it and hang it on the wall. Or put some cheap parts off of another guitar in it and resale it.

Haha true! Maybe some junior high school metalhead will think this is the pinnacle of all human achievement and will be willing to spend a few bucks on it
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by bluezombie
Haha true! Maybe some junior high school metalhead will think this is the pinnacle of all human achievement and will be willing to spend a few bucks on it

I dont doubt that one bit! It amazes me the amount of people who buy guitars because they look cool. BC rich thanks god for those people.
They had this at a GC near me, its like 15 pounds.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
The headstock resembles the Dean Vendetta Headstocks oddly...
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]